Empty Heart Part 3

You walked through the corridors the next day, feeling refreshed after crying, but still emotion-dead. You had felt something yesterday, but you didn't like what you felt. You shook your head and mumbled to yourself. "I'd rather be heartless than have my heart in pieces."

                  You straightened your tie as you walked in a steady pace to Potions, where you were greeted by a fight that broke the barriers of emotions for you. Draco and Hermione were fighting. Physically, no. But Draco needn't taunt her. 

                    "Hey mudblood! Why don't you go back to Muggle Studies. You would actually be liked there, you being a fake witch and all." You didn't understand why your blood seared with fury. You didn't understand the protective urge that surged through you. All you knew is that you would end up getting involved if Draco didn't stop.

                "Why don't you go to Muggle Studies? It's not like your even good at what you do, besides being a total git. Might as well learn about Muggles, because you might as well be one." Draco grabbed her sharply by the wrist, nail digging in, his teeth beared angrily. You stormed in and grabbed him by the neck, throwing him down.

               "Get. The. Fuck. Away. From. Her." You hissed at him, eyes ablaze with anger. "Leave her. Now." you hissed again, making Draco scramble to his feet and dash over to where he was supposed to sit, looking humiliated. You looked at Hermione, eyes soft. You had no idea what the hell you were feeling, and it scared you. You were so used to feeling nothing, feeling even a spark of warmth was unfamiliar to you.

              "Are you okay?" you tilted your head sideways when you asked, Hermione thinking it was adorble. "I'm fine. Thank y-" Snape marched in before she could finish, flashing you a look of curiousity and annoyance. "Sit down, Ms. Black. Or you'll have detentiom." You sat down obediently, not truly focused on what Snape was saying. You were fully aware that a pair of mocha brown eyes were staring at you. And you didn't mind at all.

________

                When the day was over, Hermione stopped you in an empty corridor, making your heart pound. WHATTHEFUCKISHAPPENING?! WHY DO I FEEL LIKE I JUST RAN A MILE?! Hermione looked nervous. "Uh, hey." You smiled slightly, feeling heat rise to your cheeks. "H-Hey Hermione." 

               She fidgeted, not looking as confident as she normally did. "I just wanted to say...thank you. Snape didn't let me tell you earlier." You took her soft hands in yours. "It was no problem." You leaned closer to her, hot breath fanning her lips. "But if he ever messes with you again, I'll kick his ass so hard his great-great grandchildren will feel it."

             Suddenly tension started to build up between the two of you. Her eyes caught yours for a long moment, before flickering down to your lips, yours doing the same. You felt your blood pressure rise as she let out a shaky breath. "You're a little close, Y/N." she whispered, her eyes on your lips.

            "I don't really care that I'm close. I kind of want to get closer." you chuckled, Hermione blushing as you kissed her hand. "And I don't just want to kiss your hand." You had literally no idea what the fuck was coming out of your mouth. You just let your heart spill out what it wanted to say.

         You cupped Hermione's cheek with you hand, eyes flickering back up to her eyes. "Can I kiss you?" Hermione looked lost, her head nodding in reply. Without a second thought, you pressed your lips to Hermione's, your kiss soft and gentle. You definitely were not used to this feeling, but this felt good. Hell, it was the first time you felt good.

         Hermione broke away from you, cheeks flushed. "Uh...I-" You cut her off, pressing another kiss to her lips, Hermione melting back into you. You broke away gently, grinning. "Will you be my girlfriend?"  Hermione nodded, kissing you again. You could get used to this.

A/N: I loved writing this!!