Coming Out to Father

"Mione, c'mon..." you pleaded, a small, kissable pout on your face. You and your girlfriend had been discussing you coming out to your father, and introducing your girlfriend to him in the process. "Love, your father would hate me! I'm muggleborn!"

"No, he wouldn't! Just give it a chance!"

"Love-"

"Pleaseeee?"

"I-"

"PLEASE! LOVE OF MY LIFE! MY MOON AND STARS! MY FUTURE WI-"

"WILL IT GET YOU TO SHUT UP?!"

"Hehe yeah." 

"Fine then. I will, quite reluctantly, help you come out to your father."

You hugged your girlfriend tightly in response, kissing all over her face excitedly. Hermione sighed softly. She was dreading Christmas.

********************************

You and your girlfriend approached Malfoy Manor, hand-in-hand. You walked in, head held high and confident, while your girlfriend shyly ducked her head down, feeling a sense of impending doom. You strolled into the den, greeted by a bear hug from Draco. "Hello dear sister!!" he shouted excitedly, you melting into his warm embrace. Hermione grinned at the sight, knowing the warm feeling well.

Draco removed himself from your arms hesitantly, then awkwardly reaching a hand toward Hermione. "How are you this Christmas, M-, er- Granger?" Hermione shook his hand and smiled. "I am doing well, thank you." 

Then the dreaded moment came. Lucius and Narcissa approached. "Hello, my wonderful daughter." Lucius said gently, his cold demeanor replaced with a gentle, fatherly one. You hugged him tightly, humming contentedly as he rubbed your back.

Your mother embraced you after your father, her gentle voice muttering in your ear. "Welcome home, my dear." You pulled away after a few moments, bringing Hermione forward. "This is my guest, Hermione Granger. But.. I uh... need to tell you two something important..."

"That she's muggleborn? We know. Severus is here and already knew she was coming." Lucius shrugged, unbothered. You shook your head. "Yes, she is, but it's not that... I'm (INSERT SEXUALITY) and uh..../I have decided to leave my sexuality unlabeled, but uh... This is my girlfriend, Hermione Granger.'

Severus called from the kitchen sarcastically. "IF YOU'LL EXCUSE MY ASTONISHMENT!" He dramatically came out of the kitchen and strutted forward next to Lucius. Narcissa grinned. "We already know, honey."

"But how did you-"

"It's as if one of us lives in Hogwarts and teaches you Potions." Snape sighed. "Honestly, your idiocy gets unbearable sometimes."

And that's why you never mistake Snape for being blind.