Not so Crazy

You were known as the odd one. Far weirder than Luna Lovegood. Though, not for the same reasons. You're name was Y/N Lovegood. Though you were Luna's older sister, that's not what made you weird. You had a sixth sense. You get a feeling something is going to happen before it happens. For example, the fight with the troll in the girl's bathroom. You knew about it an hour before it happened and had told everyone that there was a troll inside school. They didn't believe you until it actually came to their attention.

But, similar to Luna, you said some things that were odd. You also occasionally spoke in riddles. Yeah, some may say you were off your rocker. Especially Ron. Ron hated your arse. Hermione however, thought something was off about you.

It wasn't the fact that you gave Hermione butterflies when she saw you, or the way you made her heart speed up with just a quick, cheery "hello". It was just something about you. And you alone. She couldn't quite place it.

You were putting on your Hufflepuff uniform, and walking to your classes with your head held high. You felt confident. Until, you felt worried. You began to randomly think of Hermione. You felt as if she was going to try out a broom, with Ron's terrible advice, and then fall off from 50 feet in the air. Oddly specific, yes, but you didn't know what time. 

So, you walked over to Hermione during one of your classes, your soft and graceful steps making you barely noticable to Hermione as you tapped her on the shoulder. She jumped a bit, looking over at you. "O-oh! Hey. What do you need something?" You have her a sweet smile. "I'd like to warn you." This made Hermione raise an eyebrow. She knew that you were usually strangely accurate with your predictions, but could she trust you? I mean, you were both friends, but did you have any intentions?

"About what?" She asked warily. Suddenly, your happy, dreamy expression turned a bit grim. "I won't give you too many details, however..." Your voice lowered to a whisper. "Be careful if you are on a broom today." Hermione looked surprised as you walked back to your seat. 

She shrugged the warning off as Herbology official ended. Then she wondered where the fuck the professor had been the whole class period. 

___________

"Ron? Are you sure this is safe?" Ron nodded, trying to impress her by puffing out his chest and looking confident. "Of course it is. Just put your foot here. There we go. Now the other one back here..... Perfect! Lift off, my love." Hermione rolled her eyes. "Don't call me that." She let herself be lifted off the ground up to 50 feet. But it was way too fast.

Suddenly, she lost her footing and she began to fall. She screamed out and remembered your warning. She should have thought more of it. Because now she was about to die- until she wasn't. She expected to hit the ground, but instead, she found her fall being slowed and she landed into a pair of gentle arms. She dared open her eyes a slit, then they flew open in shock. 

You had caught her. You looked down at her with a soft look. You couldn't have let her fall. You had payed close attention to Ron all day and followed him a bit. Not that he noticed. "How'd you know I was here?" You shot a stern look at Ron. "I paid attention to that twat." Ron objected. "I'm not a-" Harry looked the other way and whistled.

You sighed and kissed Hermione's head. Hermione blushed and held onto you. Was this some sort of dream. "Let's get you to your common room." You muttered, carrying her. Once you both got to the common room, you let her sit next to the fire, ignoring the alarmed looks the other Gryffindors gave you.

"You okay, Mione?" You asked softly, sitting next to her. She looked at you and hesitantly took your hand. "Thank you for saving my life." You smiled sweetly. "I couldn't help but tell you. I couldn't bare it if I never told you." She shook her head and sighed. "I shouldn't have left it alone like it was nothing." You looked at her with calm and squeezed her hand. "I saved you, didn't I? Let's not focus on that. Let's focus on the future."

Hermione took a breath. "Speaking of the future.... I need to tell you something I've been meaning to tell you. You titled your head. "Yes?" She trembled a bit. Then, she let her eyes meet yours. "I like you. A lot. And not in a platonic best friend way." 

Your eyes widened. After a moment, you chuckled. "Well, that's something my sixth sense could've never predicted." Hermione was shaking, looking very nervous as she awaiting your response.

You gently put a hand to her cheek and smiled as she leaned into your touch. "I like you as well, darling." Hermione giggled and scooted closer to you. Ron stared at you as he walked in. "HOW THE HELL DID YOU GET HER?! I'VE BEEN TRYING FOR YEARS!" Harry snorted and patted his shoulder. "Sorry man. She's just not into you." 

You found that you couldn't look away from the precious sight next to you. The one you saved. The one you knew that didn't think you were crazy. And you decided that from then on, you would give her your all. And you knew, without the sixth sense, that she'd be your everything.

A/N: almost 1000 words y'all.