f i f t y - f i v e

5:21 p.m.

Stade de France

Your POV

In and out, inflate deflate. I think, taking deep breaths and walking back and forth. After all this time I still haven't found a successful way to breathe the anxiety away. As I turn my mini corner, the music end and the loud cheers of ARMYs take over in its place. That sounds like a lot of people. I think, stopping my tiny run. The boys skuttle their way backstage, panting and sweating.

"Hurry, you're on soon," Hoseok says.

I look away as Seokjin, Jimin, and Jungkook begin their quick wardrobe change. I should get to my spot. I tell myself, feeling my heartbeat quicken with each step. I place my finger on my ear, feeling the smooth back of the ear-monitor. Ear-monitor/earpiece? Check. My eyes stroll down to my right hand. Microphone? Check. I place my right foot on the spot, then my left. Jungkook and the others make their way over to where I am. Like baby ducks following their mother.

"Here we go," I sigh.

The music starts and I slowly begin to rise with the platform. The cheers of ARMY's sound like roars of excitement now. You got this. I convince myself, getting higher and higher and stopping. I look out and see a gigantic sea of ARMY's and their bombs, creating purple waves. Let's do this. I take a breath and raise the microphone.

"I've spent my whole life following the night time, can't see the stop sign. What you gonna say?" I sing.

I feel uneasy but I continue. ARMY's continue as well, jumping and cheering more. This is not my first time performing, but it is in front of this many people. My legs feel like jell-o, no seaweed. Wobbly and unsteady, needing something or someone to hold them up.

"Focus kiddo, It's just you and the music," I hear a voice tell me.

I look over and see Jungkook rising from under the stage. An itty bitty wave of stability and calmness enters.

"Keep on shining, make it brighter than a spotlight," Jungkook sings.

Step down. I remember, beginning to walk to the steps that are coming out of the platform. You're good. I tell myself, keeping my composer as I sing. I make it onto the flat stage and make my way next to Jungkook. Each step, I start to feel better and confident with myself.

"Sometimes my dreams come true, sometimes they turn blue," I sing, with a bit more power.

"Dream glow, oh," Jungkook and I harmonize.

From the right side of the stage Jimin comes out with a smile. He makes his way to the center, singing and rhythmically walking along.

"A radiant blackout, the dance of shadows," Jimin ends.

Jin, left.

"Inside my heart I feel an undying light," Seokjin sings, blessing us with his vocals.

I look over to the left side of the stage and Seokjin is walking out from the shadows. As Seokjin sings his part, he sends a few finger hearts along his way. Seokjin and Jungkook stand next to each other as their part approaches. Y/N, remember. No. Forgetting. Ever. I watch the two and sway paying close attention, not wanting to repeat my past.

"In the dark dawn, spreading trembling wings," Jimin sings, pulling me towards the front.

I smile, "keep on shining, make it brighter than a spotlight." L

I start swaying side to side, freely, enjoying the moment. It's a beautiful sight, a beautiful sound. I take out my left earpiece and I hear ARMY singing along with us. Happiness fills me up.