f o r t y - f o u r

Your POV

Come on Y/N, you really couldn't have done it in front of them? You just "had" to have Jungkook bring Yoongi in and do it? I couldn't help but feel embarrassed and stupid. I mean, it was just the three of them I could have done it with Jimin, Jungkook, and Jin in the studio. They're going to hear you either way I tell myself. I take a breath and shake my hands.

"You ready?" Yoongi asks, over the intercom.

I nod my head and give him a thumbs up. I can see Yoongi on the other side of the glass. He holds up three fingers and counts down. All of his fingers go down and the music fills my ears. I can feel my legs shake as I wait for my entrance. Calm down, it's just you and the music. It's just you singing in your room, alone. I try and convince myself. I take a quiet breath and begin.

Yoongi's POV

"I've spent my whole life following the night time. Can't see the stop sign what you gonna say," Y/N sings.

Y/N's voice swims out from the speakers, swirling around the room. Her melodies fill my ears as I follow along. I have heard Y/N's voice before, I felt like I was hearing her voice for the first time. I don't know how to explain it but, her voice is just something else. There's no word that can properly describe it, different, unique, honey, or soulful. There have been plenty of times that I heard Y/N sing, her music, the times when I catch her singing while doing something and I listen with pleasure. I look back at Y/N, her eyes are closed as she waits for her part again.

"Sometimes I stop and stare. Follow my dreams right there, dream glow," Y/N continues, singing the chorus.

I feel a smile creep on my face, I try my best to limit it and not show it. I notice how Y/N seems less nervous than how she was before she started. Before I played the music, Y/N was visibly trying to calm down, she was shaking her hands. Kind of nostalgic in a way. The first time I did anything like this, I looked composed on the outside but freaking out on the inside.

"You'll glow, You'll glow," Y/N finishes, a satisfied look on her face.

Y/N looks over at me and gives me a thumbs up, along with a questioning look. I give her a thumbs up back and wave for her to come out. As Y/N takes off the headphones, the door opens revealing Jungkook, Jimin, and Seokjin. All piled on top of one another.

"Uh, hi," Jimin says, awkwardly.

"What are you three doing?" Y/N laughs.

"Nothing," Jungkook reptiles, in more of a question than an answer.

"Is that so?" I question, crossing my arms.

"Yes," They all say, finally getting off the floor.

I look towards Y/N and see her with her arms crossed. She looks at me, moving her pointer finger in a circular motion where her temple is. I stifle a laugh, silently agreeing with what she inferred.

Your POV

After the three stooges grand entrance, they sit down on the couch. I sit in the extra office chair beside Yoongi. I feel like my head is going to explode from how fast my thoughts are going and how fast they are changing topic. I probably did really bad, his face was blank. I think, briefly remembering how Yoongi's expression was when I was singing.

"Well, shall we listen to it?" Yoongi suggest.

I turn my head towards the three other boys in the room. Jungkook nods his head yes with a cheeky smile. Jimin has his head propped up with his hands, resembling a child listening to a story. Seokjin has one leg over the other, I suppose patiently waiting for Yoongi to press play.

"Well, play it," Seokjin demands.

Yoongi chuckles softly, "Alright, here we go".

With that, the music starts. I can feel the heat rise in my body, anxious for what their reactions will be. I scoot my legs under the desk, as an attempt to hide my bouncing foot. My elbow rests on the desk and my hand holds my head. I can cringe to my voice alone but, having others listen to my voice. Scary. Which is funny because there are millions of people who listen to me daily. I think I'm okay with that since I can't see their reactions in person. Their comments hurt sometimes though. I think my thoughts of what everyone will think about this becoming negative.

"Okay, I see you Y/N!" Jimin says, a satisfied smile on his face.

I nod my head in response, listening to the song like a hawk hunting for its prey. My ears pay close attention, mainly to my voice. Attempting to pick and pull at flaws that may or may not be there. Suddenly applause fill the studio, I snap back into reality unaware that the song has come to an end.

"Y/N, what were you so worried about? You sounded amazing!" Jungkook compliments.

I turn around and face them, "You three sounded way more amazing," I reply.

Seokjin makes a 'pff' noise and looks away. His face turns serious and a cocky smirk forms.

"I know,"He says, tossing his imaginary hair.

I let a laugh slip out.

"No but in all seriousness, Y/N you sounded so good. Honestly," Jimin tells me.

I can feel a tiny smile on my face. Does he really mean that? I wonder, unsure if he is just saying that or if he truly means it.

"Thank you," I reply.

Someone's phone starts ringing. From the ringtone I know it's not my phone, so I don't check to see. Seokjin pulls out his phone and lifts it silently saying, 'it's me'. Seokjin fiddles with his phone and the ringing stops.

"It's getting late and I'm making dinner tonight," Seokjin states.

"Okay, you four head back. I'll catch up with you guys in a bit," I say, turning to my computer.

"No, Y/N you need to eat," Seokjin tells me, in a parent like way.

I turn back around, "Well, when I'm done I will be back at the dorms".

"Come on Y/N, it's-" Yoongi stops mid sentence to check his phone.

"It's almost...it's late, this can wait," Yoongi says, tilting his head with pleading eyes.

I sigh, "As much as I'd love to, I can't," I tell them.

"This album is due by the end of the month, I still have to go over a couple things," I add on.

Pouts and disappointed looks crawl onto each of their faces.

"Fine, but don't stay here too long," Jungkook says, pointing his finger at me.

I roll my eyes, "I won't".

"Alright, we'll see you soon," Jimin says, following the members out the door.

Yoongi grabs his things and makes his way to the door.

"Hey, Yoongi," I call out, standing up from my seat.

He turns around, "Yes?"

"When am I going to get your solo track?" I ask him, as I walk over to him.

Yoongi sighs, "soon," he tells me.

"Well, I kind of need it asap," I state, crossing my arms.

Yoongi smirks, "Don't rush talent, kitten," he says, leaving the studio.

I'm his producer, he really needs to stop calling me that. I think, pinching the bridge of my nose. I sit back down in my chair and get back to work. I peak over at my phone, 8:50 p.m. I have plenty of time, kind of. I tell myself.

A/N: Hello! I hope you liked this chapter. If you could vote that'd be greatly appreciated. Also, thank you for 1.6k reads, that's crazy to me. Alright, have a nice day or night, stay safe and healthy luvs<3

P.S.- you got this!<3