s i x t y - o n e

October 23

12:32 a.m.

Spectator's POV

The faint echoes of cheers and fanchants dangle in the ears of sleeping artists, and awake artists. Well, artist. Y/N sits on the floor of the hotel balcony looking up at the autumn night sky, watching the stars behind the city fog. A breeze swims through the buildings, twirling and swirling around reaching the fly away hairs outside of Y/N's beanie. She is unbothered, still staring up over the towering buildings and little restaurants listening to the hums of the city. She listens to the rhythmical honking of cars and the blaring horn of the train play as it passes by.

In the hotel room with the younger artists, who are as snug as a bug in a rug, lay sound asleep. Jungkook flops over onto the right side of the bed, waking up when he feels the cold sheet. He opens his eyes just enough to see that Y/N is not in the bed with him. Slightly panicking, he sits up, squinting his eyes, turning his head searching for her. A figure on the balcony catches his attention.

Found her. Jungkook sighs in relief as he scoots off the hotel bed, taking the blanket with him.

"What are you still doing up?" Jungkook asks, walking out onto the balcony

"Oh, it's you," Y/N says.

"Who else would I be, a dragon?" He jokes, carefully closing the door to the balcony.

"Dragons are cool," Y/N mumbles.

Jungkook pulls the blanket closer to him as he sits down beside Y/N. The icy cement flooring seeping through his black sweatpants.

"Aren't you cold?" Jungkook asks.

Y/N looks at him and shrugs, not quiet fazed by the cold.

"It's not too bad, I'll live," She responds.

Just the look of Y/N in her sweats and hoodie, along with her classic beanie makes the young artist feel as though he is in Antarctica. Jungkook scoots closer and opens his right arm, placing the blanket around Y/N. The warmth from Jungkook and the blanket embrace Y/N, letting it shimmy its way around her. As silence comes in, the two watch the lights dance in the night. The lit towers in the distance resemble beacons, the smaller buildings look like LEGO blocks. And, with this silence, comes all the memories of this year and the past. A mellow, yet painful tug at the heart is experienced in both artists. The feeling of wanting to hold onto something and never let go.

"Hey, do you remember that time during the photo shoot, when Namjoon fell into the stream?" Jungkook

Y/N chuckles softly, "And then Taehyung fell in trying to help him."

"Oh that's was funny," Jungkook chuckles reminiscing the day.

"I can still see the fish in Namjoons hair," Y/N laughs pointing to her head.

"Oh oh, you remember when - when we went to the little pop up amusement park and Hoseok couldn't get the thing to go up on the hammer game but the -" Y/N begins to tell.

"But the little kid did it no problem," Jungkook finishes

"There's so many memories, in so little time," Y/N sighs.

A/N: continue