t h i r t y

Yoongi's POV

"Alright, that's a wrap, you can come out," Y/N speaks to me over the speaker.

I take off the headphones and hang them on the music stand. I walk out and see Y/N staring at their laptop, a faint smile on their face. I sit down in the spare chair next to Y/N. How has their laptop not run out of storage? I wonder, moving side to side in the chair.

I clear my throat, "Should I get the others?" I ask.

"Not yet. I need to ask you something," Y/N says, turning away from the laptop screen and faces me.

"What is it?" I ask, curious as to what they need to ask me.

"Your song for the album, how is it going?" They ask, crossing their left leg over their right.

I feel like someone hit me upside the head. I totally did not forget about that. I let out a laugh and rub the back of my neck, feeling nervous along with stupid.

"What is it?" Y/N questions.

"Nothing, don't worry about it," I reply, moving my eyes all around the studio.

Refusing to look or even make eye contact with Y/N. As the room quiets down, I can feel their eyes on me. Normally I wouldn't be so bothered, but I am. How could you not do something like work on a song! I ask myself again.

"Yoongi, it's okay if you don't have anything. I am very much aware about how songwriting can be a pain," Y/N tells me.

I still don't look at them. I feel a hand on my shoulder. Now, I turn my head.

"You could have told me. I would have understood. Not, that I don't. I do," They add, taking their hand off my shoulder.

"So, you-you're not mad or whatever," I ask, surprised that she is not angry or disappointed.

"No, why would I?" Y/N replies, leaning back in their chair.

"I don't know. Maybe because I was supposed to be working on it and I haven't," I tell them, turning the ring on my finger.

"Yoongs, I know how you are. I know you take your time, you'll get it done. Besides I can help you, if you want," Y/N offers, rolling back to their laptop.

"Okay, thanks for the offer," I reply, feeling better.

"Anytime," They say, giving a reassuring smile.

<<><><>>

12:43 p.m.

Your POV

I walk out of my studio and into Namjoon's studio where Jungkook had been patiently waiting. I stand in the doorway and see the rapline and Jungkook hovering over the small coffee table.

"Am I interrupting something?" I ask, out of curiosity.

"Oh, hi Y/N! You are not," Hoseok replies, a cherrie smile.

"Sorry to leave you waiting so long Jungkook," I say, walking over to them.

"It's okay, no worries," Jungkook says, flashing a smile.

"Okay, well, you said earlier that you wanted me to look over your writing. So, may I see?" I ask, wanting to know what he has written.

"Yes!" Jungkook exclaims, definitely excited.

"I-I mean, yes," He says, more calmly.

I softly laugh.

"Good, follow me," I state, walking towards the door.

Jungkook and I leave Namjoon's studio and go to my studio. I have Jungkook walk in before me. I don't think he's been in my studio before?

"It's so cool in here," Jungkook whispers, sitting down on the couch.

I watch Jungkook sink into the couch and then bounce back up. I close my studio door and step towards my desk.

"Thanks," I reply, pulling my chair over.

"Oh, here," He says, handing me a notebook opened to a page labeled 'Magic Shop'.

I quickly scan over the pages, noticing that it's practically done. A little work here and there, and it will be ready to be recorded. I proceed to read through the writing.

Pre chorus:

On days where I hate myself for being me, on days where I want to disappear forever

Let's make a door. It's in your heart

Open the door and this place will await

Magic shop

Chorus:

While drinking a hot glass of tea

And looking up at the Milky Way

You'll be alright, oh, this here is the Magic Shop

I finish reading through the lyrics. I couldn't help but smile, and feel comfort from the lyrics. There is just something about this work that gives comfort. Almost like a warm blanket, that has just come out of the dryer. The warmth embracing you, getting rid of whatever cold that was with you. I close the notebook.

"Um, what-what do you think? Is it good?" Jungkook ask, worry in his voice.

"I wouldn't use good. I don't think there is a word that can describe how much I adore this piece. Every word, lyric, is like being held with the most comfort and love anyone could have," I tell him.

Jungkook let out the breath he was holding. I can see the tension in his shoulders leave. A smile slowly creeps onto his face.

"Really? You think so?" He questions.

"Yes. I admire how you wrote this. Also, the fact that you managed to get the rapline to write their parts. All while we were working. I swear, you guys never fail to amaze me," I compliment, remembering the many times they have surprised me.

"Thank you, thank you," Jungkook repeats, slightly bouncing up and down on the couch.

"You're welcome but," I start, Jungkook stops his little dance and looks at me.

"But what?" He questions.

"We still need to do the whole routine, review lyrics, create the music, and record vocals. All that jazz," I tell him.

"Right," Jungkook says, a slight pout on his face.

"For now, let's head back to the dorms. I think you guys have been here long enough," I say, handing Jungkook his notebook.

"Okay, I'm hungry anyways," Jungkook says, heading to the door.

A/N: Hello! I hope you liked this, sorry if it's a little short. If you could vote that'd be greatly appreciated. Okay, have a nice day or night, stay safe and healthy luvs<3

P.S- you did well today, it's okay<3