t h i r t y - f o u r

Tuesday

11:39 p.m.

Yoongi's POV

"Ugh!" I say in disgust, throwing my sweater into the basket.

I pick up my basket of clothes and head to the laundry room. I walk in and see Y/N sitting on top of the dryer, eyes closed and swaying herself to whatever she is listening to. A slight smile on her face as she gently swivels from left to right. I couldn't help but notice how tiny she looks. Her oversized hoodie makes her look like a little mouse. It's cute. I walk over to the washer to start a new load.

"Aish! You scared me!" Y/N says, jumping when she sees me. I chuckle.

"Boo," I respond, waving my hands around.

Y/N rolls her eyes.

I toss my clothes into the washer machine and pour in the detergent. Where is it? I wonder looking around for the fabric softener. There it is I spot it on the shelf next to Y/N. I walk over and grab the fabric softener. I step back and see Y/N is blushing.

"Why are you blushing?" I ask, confused as to why she is.

"What? I'm not blushing!" Y/N responds, feeling her cheeks with the back of her hand.

"You are," I tell her, pouring in the fabric softener in its respected place.

"Am not," she denies, placing her headphones back on her ears.

I close the lid and lean against the wall. I don't know why. Normally I would go back to my room and do whatever, but I don't want to. I want to stay, with Y/N. I tilt my head to the side and look at her. She's so tiny I think, smiling. Y/N sways side to side, gently bouncing up and down every now and then. I wonder what she's listening to. I walk over and take her headphones off and place one side to my ear.

Dreams aren't what they used to be

Some things sat by so carelessly

Smile like you mean it

I continue to listen to the song, making out bits and pieces since the song is in english. The song stops, I look at Y/N her phone in her hand.

"Can I have my headphones back?" She asks, holding out her hand.

"Maybe, what song was that?" I ask, giving the headphones back.

"Smile like you mean it, The Killers," Y/N says, placing her headphones around her neck.

"That's an interesting name," I mumble to myself. Y/N nods her head.

I feel my phone vibrate in my pocket. 11:43 p.m is the first thing I see. Then a notification from Instagram, I put my phone back in my pocket.

"Isn't it a bit late to be up?" I question Y/N, she looks up from her phone.

"It's not that late, besides, shouldn't you be asleep?" She responds, sitting up straight.

"Shouldn't you?" I reply, crossing my arms.

Y/N smiles and quickly raises her eyebrows, "good point but, that doesn't seem to exist for me," she says.

"Felt that," I say, uncrossing my arms.

"I'm just waiting for my clothes to dry, then I have some work to do," Y/N states, putting her hands in her hoodie pocket.

Don't tell me she stays up late on the album. I feel a little guilty that Y/N stays up late. I've been feeling a lot of different things since she came into my life. I think for the first time I've felt butterflies, is that what they say? I've felt butterflies in my stomach. When I'm around her I don't want to take my eyes off her. I want to hear every little thing about her. I want to-I don't know.

"Hey, earth to Yoongi. Yoongs? You there?" I hear Y/N calling.

I shake my head, "Yes?" I say.

"You good?" Y/N asks, raising an eyebrow.

"Yeah, I'm good," I tell her.

"What are you thinking about?" She asks, tilting her head to the side.

Her hair slightly bounces as her head tilts.

You.

"Nothing," I respond.

"Okay," Y/N says, tilting her head back up again.

The buzzer on the dyer goes off. Y/N squeaks and jumps off it and clings onto me. I almost lose my balance at the sudden weight latching onto me. Y/N has her head buried into my chest, clinging onto the sleeves of my sweater. I notice she is shaking. I felt a pang of hurt in my heart.

"Woah, calm down, it's just the dyer," I reassure Y/N.

Y/N slowly lifts her head, her eyes glossy like she was about to cry. She takes a few deep breaths and steps back.

Y/N clears her throat, "I'm sorry, I don't know why I did that," she says, looking at the ground.

"It's okay, no need to apologize," I tell her.

Y/N nods her head and opens the dryer. Taking her clothes out and placing them into her basket. Y/N walks out the door and turns around to face me.

"Don't stay up too late, good night, Yoongs," Y/N says, gripping the side of her basket.

"You too, night Y/N," I reply.

Y/N flashes as smile and walks away.

A/N: Hello! Sorry for the short chapter. I hope you enjoyed it though. If you could vote that'd be greatly appreciated. Have a nice day or night, stay safe and healthy luvs<3

P.S.- you did well today<3