t h i r t y - n i n e

5:32 p.m.

Your POV

"We're back!" Hoseok sings, walking into the dorms.

I follow behind him, carrying one of the bags. I said I could carry more than one but, Hoseok insisted that he should carry the bags. I slip off my shoes, slip on my slippers and walk to the kitchen. Namjoon and Seokjin make their way into the dorm, waddling to the kitchen as well. The sound of plastic bags crackling around and feet shuffling on the wooden floor play. I take out some of the snacks and place them on the counter. I take out the pack of banana milk. Maybe Jungkook wants one I think, taking one of the drinks out of the package.

"I'll be back," I tell Seokjin, shuffling out of the kitchen.

I walk down the hallway to Jungkook's room. I approach his door, and knock. As my fist is about to meet the door again, I overhear a conversation. It's something I hate doing, and get annoyed when other people do, but I'm a hypocrite. Y/N, you shouldn't, just walk away. I tell myself, trying to force my feet to move.

"Hyung, if you like her you should tell her," one male voice says.

"How do I do that? I can't just go up to her and say, 'hey, Y/N, how are you? Oh yeah, by the way I like you'," another male voice says, sarcasm evident in his voice.

I can't fully make out the voices since they're slightly muffled. That sounded like Yoongi. No stop thinking crazy Y/N. I tell myself. I take a breath and turn around to go back to the kitchen.

"Oh, Y/N, you're back," Jungkook says.

I turn around, "Yeah," I reply.

"What are you doing?" He asks, walking over to me.

"Oh, here," I say, handing him the banana milk.

"Yoongi told me that you wanted banana milk," I add.

Jungkook smiles, "Thank you, Y/N".

"You're welcome," I tell him.

Jungkook and I stand in the hallway. A little sprinkle of awkwardness, quiet awkwardness. I'm going to go, that sounds like a great idea Y/N. I conclude.

"Well, I'm going to go help the others. Let me know if you need anything," I say.

"Okay, thank you again Y/N," Jungkook says, shaking the milk.

"You're welcome," I reply.

As I am about to turn around, I see someone poke their head out from Jungkook's room. Since Jungkook is tall and I am short, I couldn't see who it was. All I can see is someone's fluffy brown hair. I turn around and walk back to the others in the kitchen.

"Do you guys need help with anything?" I ask, standing in the doorway.

Namjoon, Seokjin, and Hoseok look at each other then at me back to each other.

"No," They say in unison.

I cross my arms, "Are you sure?" I question.

"Yeah, we're good here," Seokjin says, with a nod.

"Yup, go relax Y/N. We'll get everyone when the food is done," Namjoon tells me.

"Okay, let me know if you do," I tell them, walking away.

Hoseok's POV

"We look like crazy people," Y/N laughs, slowing down.

The two of us stop in front of the car. I continue to catch my breath.