f i f t y - e i g h t

5:53 p.m.

Spectator's POV

The old trio have taken their catching up chit chat to their old hideout, the attic. The three, Leo, Star, and Y/N sit around in a circle. Leo sprawled out on the couch from his laughing fit, leaving Star falling onto the floor. Then Y/N who is lost in the beanbag and struggling to get out of it. Everything still feels the same. Y/N thinks with a sigh, drawing her eyes over the inside of the attic. The old energy drink fairy lights still hang around the room, with the various artist and band posters that are hung on walls. An old and poorly painted mural stains the wood walls of the room.

"Hey Leo, what ever happened to that art gallery dream?" Y/N asks out of old curiosity.

Leo looks at Y/N, pulling himself to sit straight, well slouching up on the couch. Leo sighs, tilting his head to the side. His way of trying to figure out how to word sentences.

"Well, it's still there, don't think I'll do anything about it though," Leo says.

"But, I am in the process of starting something, something big," He states, fixing his posture.

"Oh? What is it?" Y/N questions.

"Wait, is it what I think it is?" Star verbally wonders.

Leo chuckles nodding his head at Star. Star dramatically gasps, covering her mouth with her right hand.

"You're actually going to do it?" She asks.

"Do what?" Y/N asks, sloshing around in the bean bag.

"Well, the past couple months I have been working on a project. I wasn't sure if it would actually get out into the world but," Leo stops his announcement and breathes.

"What is it?" Y/N asks again, getting impatient.

"I'm starting my own clothing brand!" Leo smiles, doing jazz hands.

"What? That's amazing, Leo!" Y/N shouts, leaping out of the bean bag.

Leo smiles wide, his cheeks heating up from the small praise. Y/N skips over and hugs Leo, wrapping her arms around and squeezing him maybe a little too hard. Star giggles at the two friends.

"I'm so proud of you," Y/N says to Leo before pulling away.

"Thank you," Leo replies.

A loud tune of a phone ringtone buzzes through the attic area. All three friends take out their phones, even though it is not the ringtone for two.

"It's my business partner, I gotta take this," Leo says, getting up.

Leo walks out of the attic, down the stairs and to his room. Y/N and Star stay seated across from one another. The silence from the two ex lovers accentuates the sounds of the city.

Star's POV

I watch her walk out the door, the rain already drenching her and causing her clothes to stick to her. She stands there, looking down at the stairs. I want to scream for her to stop, to come back, to stay, but the lump in my throat won't allow me. I wipe my nose with my sleeve, my tears soak the cloth on my arms. I gasp for air, trying to breathe freely again, no luck. The door closes, leaving me alone. I collapse to the floor, the wood meeting my knees with a thud and pain.

"Stay," I whimper in the empty apartment.

"How have you been?" I ask her.

Y/N turns her head towards me, her expression resembling a lost dog.

"I've been good, you?" She replies.

"Same here," I say.

Y/N nods her head with a few words. Does she even remember? I wonder. I will always have that day stuck in my mind. The pain, the numbness, the agony, the anger, the doubt. Y/N shuffles on the couch, her right leg bounces rapidly when it reaches the floor. Same leg. I think, unfortunately remembering every habit and tick. I sigh heavily, looking towards the wall with a K-pop poster on it. Biting my bottom lip, I debate on asking a question. I can't anymore.