t w e n t y - o n e

s a t u r d a y

10:38 p.m.

Jimin's POV

"I'm home!" I hear Y/N's voice echo from the front door.

I sit up from the couch to see them with a bag. Y/N places the plastic bag they have on the table as they untie their shoes.

"What's in the bag?" I ask, walking over to them.

"Hair dye and some snacks," they reply.

I raise an eyebrow out of confusion.

"Why do you need hair dye?" I ask.

"I need to re-dye my hair," Y/N says, pointing to their split dyed head.

"Wait, so you're telling me you did your hair yourself? And you didn't go to a salon? Wow!" I say, surprised.

They really can do everything.

"Yeah. I don't like salons," they tell me with a chuckle.

"Oh! Jin told me that you were looking for me. What did you need?" Y/N asks.

I completely forgot. I jump when I remember what I wanted to show Y/N about.

"Well, I came up with something for my solo. I was hoping you would take a look at it," I tell them, rubbing the back of my neck.

"Sure! I would love to - let me see," they say, with a smile.

"Alright! Follow me," I say, skipping my way to my room.

I hear Y/N chuckle as we go through the hallway. We get to my room. I grab my notebook from my desk. I turn around to see Y/N still in the doorway to my room.

"You can come in," I laugh at Y/N.

"Okay," they mumble.

They walk in and sit on my bed. There is a small squeak of mattress springs as they sit.

"So what do you have?" They ask.

I open up to the pages I wrote on.

"Uh, here," I reply, handing her my notebook.

I feel so nervous, I really hope they like it. I fiddle with my hands as Y/N continues to read the lyrics. A small smile crosses their face. There's no way! Do they like it? I wonder.

Your POV

I'm glad that Jimin asked me to look at his work. I get an idea of how he works, kind of. I smile at the lyric, 'so that you won't hurt, so that you could smile'. I continue to read his work, and I am impressed. I think I have an idea on who this is for, ARMY. His lyrics are what I needed to hear after the past few hours.

"I like it. May I ask, what's the story? It's fine if there isn't one," I say.

"Oh well, I wrote it for army and for myself. For a while I have struggled with my mental health especially when it came to loving myself. I know that armies also struggle so I thought if I opened up and become their light maybe at least they can love themselves," Jimin tells me.

"It's beautiful Jimin. I admire how you and the rest of the members love and care for armies. It's-It's, wow! I can't find the words," I state, shocked at myself.

Jimin leans closer to me and wipes a tear my cheek.

"You had a tear," he replies shyly.

"Aish! I really need to stop being a crybaby," I mumble.

"Being a crybaby isn't bad, it shows that you have emotions and that you are human," Jimin says.

I turn to face him, "Since when are you so old?" I joke, ruffling his hair.