Part 57: Burning Resolve (4/4)

Righty took a quick breath as the forest erupted in the booming roars of the tree dragons. He counted four heads total. Scratch that he counted five. He narrowly ducked under the fifth dragon head's jaws as it tried to swallow him.

He, Genya, Tanjiro, and Nezuko were fighting the justice demon. The demon's attacks were so numerous, destructive, and repetitive that they weren't able to get close to it at all  The wooden bodies of the wood dragons were too thick to be severed and any cuts in the wood, no matter how big, would be patched up in moments.

Righty jumped back to avoid another set of giant jaws erupting from the ground. He thought his golden ripple might've been able to do something, but he was breathing to erratically to channel the right amounts of energy.

CHRAAAAAAAAAAAEEEEUUU!!!!

A fiery red dragon flew down from the sky. its jaws wide and ready to clamp down on the justice demon. Three tree dragons rose to intercept it, and the dragon snarled. It rocketed into the masses of wood, Righty heard a barrage of punches blow the wood to smithereens. Lefty had arrived. Lefty blew through the three dragon heads and dove towards the demon and wound up a glowing fist. Lefty brought it down on the demon in a flash of red light. A small explosion occurred, blinding everyone for a moment. Lefty flew out of the cloud and skidded to a halt next to Righty, exhausted.

"You alright?" Righty asked.

"I've been doing way too much fighting tonight." Lefty groaned. "Also I didn't do jack shit to that guy." He pointed at a giant sphere of wood that the justice demon had used to shield itself.

"Fuck." Righty groaned as well.

"I think it's gonna speak." Lefty growled as the sphere of wood unfurled itself. The justice demon stepped out with, looking even more determined and angry.

"Villainous scum. You have so little honor as to use a sneak attack?" The justice demon hissed.

"I mean, I did the roar. Also the fuck is up with this guy?" Lefty looked to Righty for answers on why the demon was acting as the hero.

"It's super self-righteous for some reason." Righty shrugged.

"WHOA!!!" Lefty and Righty barely dodged a wave of lightning that the demon shot at them. It seemed it was able to use the abilities of the other forms of Hantengu, along with the wood dragon ability.

"Righty! Lefty! Genya!!! He can-"

"WE KNOW!!!" At this new revelation, it was far too dangerous to fight it head-on. Their only hope now was finding the original body of Hantengu.

"Tanjiro! Did the bird form have any demon arts we need to worry about!?" Righty ran up alongside Tanjiro and shouted through the roars of the wood dragons.

"It had a piercing shriek that would make you lose consciousness for a bit!" Tanjiro said.

"Oh SHIT!!!" Righty looked up as a dragon head parted its jaws. They both jumped as the tree dragon roared, making them both go limp for a few seconds. Tanjiro ran into a tree branch and Righty busted his face on a tree trunk. They both awoke and narrowly avoided a blast of wind in the shape of a giant fanning leaf. Tanjiro's foot was caught in the blast, and he skidded to a halt. Righty stopped to help him, but the demon was already on them.

Lefty charged at it head-on, tanking thunderbolts to grab its attention. Still, a wood dragon surged towards it.

"Last I checked they could only extend sixty feet. The closest dragon is one hundred feet away. I have to grab Tanjiro!" Righty did quick maths in his head.