Part 46: An Invitation

Righty and Lefty were playing chess with one another. Lefty had been destroying Righty for the most part.

"What are ya gonna do now, Righty? I have seven pieces left to your two. Only your king and bishop are left standing." Lefty said condescendingly.

"Hmmmmmmmm..." Righty placed his hand on his chin in thought. Though he really didn't understand the game at all. "I guess I'll just move the bishop and knock over this pawn." Righty moved his bishop diagonally and knocked over one of Lefty's pieces.

"Wait, that's not a pawn..." Lefty looked closer and saw that Righty had made a move he didn't see coming, and had gotten the king, winning him the game.

"Wait, that was the king! I win, right?" Righty asked his brother.

Lefty stared at the board, dead silent. The veins on his arms slowly bulged, and his eyes glowed with rage. Lefty slowly took in a deep breath.

"Um... Lefty?" Righty stopped his celibrating at the sight of his brother.

"You win. GG." Lefty exhaled calmly and relaxed.

"Yay!" Righty clapped for himself and laughed. Lefty couldn't help but crack a smile of his own.

"Akai's." A Kakushi opened the door to their room and said.

"Mhm?" Lefty turned around.

"You are needed by Master Ubuyashiki." said the kakushi.

----------

"I called you both here for good reason." Ubuyashiki began.

"Okey dokey." Righty nodded.

"The swordsmith village has dug up something they believe will be very important to you. So I will have the Kakushi take you there." Ubuyashiki explained.

"Why are they taking us? We'll probably be faster." Lefty asked.

"The location of the swordsmith village is a secret. So you will be blindfolded and carried to the village on piggyback." Ubuyashiki added. "If you get it, then be at the gate in two minutes." Ubuyashiki finished.

"Sir yes sir!" They saluted in unison and dashed out of the door.

----------

They went to the front gate and found two kakushi waiting for them. They were equiped with blindfolds and plugs for their ears and noses. The kakushi aproached them and went to put on blindfolds.

"Wait-wait." Lefty backed away from the kakushi.

"What is it?" The Kakushi asked.

"We demons have senses so sharp that  those plugs won't even affect us." Lefty explained. "I'l just handicap myself. Righty, do the same." Lefty said. He began with heating his thumbs and jamming them in his own eyes, burning himself blind. He then heated his pinkies and stick them in hsi nostrils, destroying his sense of smell. To finish it, he raised his hands to his ears and slapped them with full power, rupturing his eardrums. With that, he sighed and shrunk to the size of a mouse.

"Now put me in your pocket! When you get there, take us out and tap our heads three times." Lefty squeaked. The kakushi scooped him up and placed him in their coat pocket. Righty did the same to himself and had his kakushi pick him up. With that over, the Kakushis began running to the swordsmith village.

----------

Lefty and Righty felt the Kakushi's slow down. They felt giant hands scoop them up and place them on the ground. Their heads were tapped three times and they healed their damaged sensory organs. Lefty blinked three times, readjustimg his eyes.