Part 72: You Promised, Uncle...

"No sudden moves, buddy." Gyutaro let out a sick chuckle.

"Honestly, I wouldn't be opposed to dying right now..." Lefty muttered, still shuddering in disgust at having kissed Daki.

"Oh, come on! It wasn't that bad!" Daki whined. She was saying something and laughing, but Lefty was too disoriented to notice. He saw her walking towards him, and had an idea once she neared his pool of vomit.

"MOVE!!!" Lefty snapped his fingers and the blood he vomited on the ground was ignited, letting out a red explosion that sent the demon siblings flying. Lefty took the chance to turn tail and run. Heating his legs to rocket back to the festival ground. 

He wasn't even able to get in a single step, as Gyutaro's sickle plunged through his back and out of his chest. Lefty vomited blood and froze, unable to move as the poison assailed his body.

"Now what the fuck did I just tell you?" Gyutaro hissed into his ear.

Lefty didn't respond as he lowered his head, relaxed his body, and went still.

Badump

"Huh?" Gyutaro froze as a heartbeat suddenly emanated from Lefty's chest.

Badump Badump Badump BADUMP BADUMP

"The fuck?" Gyutaro muttered as he felt the vibration of the erratic heartbeat through the handle of his sickle. Red steam began to emanate from Lefty's body as his temperature rose.

THOOMTHOOMTHOOMTHOOM

"Red Ashura." Lefty whispered breathlessly as his chest began to glow a brilliant orange.

"Red what-" Gyutaro was cut off when a flaming elbow blasted into the side of his face.

----------

"!!!" Righty lifted his head, sensing a disturbance. He looked around and sniffed the air.

"Righty?" Aoi noticed his sudden edge and became concerned. Righty ignored her and got up from where he was sitting, grabbing the chair he was sitting on.

"Gotta pee." Righty turned and left, speedwalking and leaving her alone with the injured recruits. He broke the leg off of the chair he held and bit into it, turning it into his signature axe.

"Now where are you heading, Suisei?" Righty stopped and tore his gaze towards the voice. He saw Akaza, disguised as a human, leaning against a booth in a partially hidden area.

"You're two months three weeks and four days early." Righty hissed. Akaza chuckled and ignored him.

"The fireworks were quite beautiful tonight... I can't help but feel a little nostalgic." He muttered. "Perhaps in my life before, they held some importance to me..." He elaborated. "But the past is the past." He finished.

"I'd be happy to send you to the past tense, if you want." Righty laced his words with venom and pointed his axe at Akaza's head.

"You'd be welcome to try." Akaza hissed with near-infinite repressed bloodlust as a vicious smile crept across his face. "Let me taste the wrath of you, and more importantly, your brother." Akaza finished.

"...You'll leave them be?" Righty asked, lowering his axe.

"You have my word as a warrior." Akaza said.

"...Let's get this over with." Righty sighed.

Akaza chuckled and turned, walking into the shadows as Righty followed.

----------

Ubuyashiki had stopped interacting with his children and retreated back to his home for the night. Despite being healed of the disease, his body still felt weak. He sat alone on his porch, admiring the night sky.