Part 80.5: You Never Asked

Akai meditated alone in the courtyard outside the Butterfly Estate, concentrating on his breathing and trying to get a better grasp on the Hamon flowing through him. 

"Hey, Lefty..." Akai asked himself, Righty's pupils appearing in his eyes.

"Mhm?" Akai looked up, his pupils shifting to that of Lefty's.

"So, if and when me and Aoi... y'know... What do you plan on doing?" Righty asked.

"..." Akai's eyes shifted back to Lefty's as he entered a period of thought.

"If that were to ever happen I'd probably-"

"SUISEIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII!!!" Akai sat up when he heard Tengen screaming his name. Seconds later Akai saw him leap over the fence nearest to him. He had a wild look in his eye (singular). 

"What's up?" Akai returned and made eye contact with the currently very deranged-looking Uzui.

"YOU COULD HAVE HEALED ME THIS ENTIRE TIME!?!?!?" Uzui roared furiously.

"Well, yea. I healed Obanai and Mr. Ubuyashiki." Akai deadpanned.

"WHY DIDN'T YOU!?" 

"Well, you never asked." 

"I HAVE THREE WIVES, I NEED THIS HAND!!!"

"Well, do you want me to heal it?" 

"OBVIOUSLY!!!"

...

...

...

An evil smirk spread across his face.

"I'm still remembering our mission." Akai hissed.

"Oh, what the hell is it now!?"

"You threw me right into Daki's arms." Akai growled.

"..."

"She tortured me for a day and a half." 

"I... had faith that you could manage it." Tengen rationalized.

"Well, I have faith that you can manage being a pirate." Akai crossed his arms and closed his eyes.

"YOU PUNK ASS!!!" Uzui drew his knife-chucks and got ready to fight.

"I'm immortal. And you'll never force me to heal you." Akai chuckled.

Uzui clenched his fists and clenched his jaw harder, eyes bulging out of their sockets. 

"Heh, you look like Zenitsu." Akai snickered at the sight in front of him.

After a moment of furious, ragged hyperventilation, Tengen let his breathing calm. He closed his eyes, took a deep breath, and lowered his head. Uzui Tengen, prideful Pillar of Sound, God of Festivities, bowed to Akai.

"...I want to be able to help in the coming war." Tengen hissed through his teeth. "And I can't do that without you." His voice was low, and he looked miserable.

"Did... Did you just lower your veil of godawfully annoying pride?" Akai asked him with a chuckle.

"Shut up!" Uzui bit back.

"...I'll heal you." Akai finally decided.

Tengen looked up, mood immediately brightened.

"On one condition." Akai raised a finger.

Tengen remained quiet, although he felt a flare of anger at the annoyance of his antics.

"I need some tips concerning romance." Akai said. "Do we have a deal?" He asked.

...

...

...

"Deal."

----------

"Pleasure doing business!" Akai waved to Tengen as he stealthily retreated. He sighed and mellowed out once again. "Come to think of it, maybe I should heal Rengoku too." Akai muttered and walked off in the direction of Rengoku's house.

----------

Rengoku and Tengen have returned to the fight!!!