Part 90: Warmth

"Alright, everybody calms down" Lefty walked out of the one-room house-cell with his arms raised. The pillars, excluding Rengoku, Gyomei and Tengen, had the house surrounded, weapons drawn.

"Where's the demon, Suisei!?" Sanemi barked.

"She just needs her medicine. Where's Yushiro?" Lefty looked around, but couldn't find the cat.

"This is the second time she's acted up, I'm taking her head." Sanemi spat and drew his sword.

"You really don't want to do that..." Lefty said in a dangerously low voice.

"She's far too dangerous!!!" Sanemi yelled.

"You touch her..." Lefty took a step forward, putting his foot down hard enough to leave a small crater in the ground. "And you'll be in a lot more danger than you are now." 

"You're really gonna betray us for that demon bitch!?" Sanemi's voice was laced with venom.

"I'm not doing anything wrong. She's in control. No sign of Muzan's influence. I just need the antidote from Yushiro to get her back to her human form." Lefty explained. "You're the one who wants to kill an innocent girl." Lefty hissed.

"Bastard..." Sanemi gritted his teeth.

"Stand down, Shinazugawa." Giyu finally spoke up.

"This is probably a misunderstanding!" Mitsuri tried to lighten the mood.

"No... Those puncture marks on your clothing... She had a violent outburst, didn't she?" Shinobu spoke.

"That was entirely my fault, as I said, she's in contr-"

"What if she got past you?" Shinobu cut him off.

"It's high fuckin' noon!!! She's not going anywhere!!!" Lefty was losing his patience.

"What if she changed in the middle of the night? She could've escaped and killed people!" Shinobu argued.

"Do you know who you're talking to? I could smell, hear and sense any change. I could go from here to the other side of the corp in seconds!" Lefty barked.

"Enough talk, stand aside Suisei." Lefty turned his head and saw Obanai standing above him on the house-cell's roof. 

"Well isn't this just a big old batch of deja-vu..." Lefty chuckled bitterly.

"We're giving you to the count of three to move." Obanai said and gripped his sword. "One." Obanai began.

"Iguro-san, don't be too rash!" Tomioka tried to stop him.

"We're really doing this!?" Mitsuri cried out.

"You're making a mistake." Lefty's voice was a low growl.

"Two!" Sanemi held an animalistic grin and took a fighting stance.

"Shinazugawa-san, Iguro-san, you're stepping out of line!" Shinobu yelled.

"I've always wondered who would win if I got in a scrap with all of you at once..." Lefty chuckled dryly.

"...Wait what I spaced out for a second." Muichiro had been staring at a butterfly during this entire interaction.

"THREE!!!" Sanemi and Obanai both burst toward Lefty, swords poised to strike.

"Idunno who the fuck you think I am..." Lefty burst into Red Ashura and caught both of the blades effortlessly. "But you've gone insane if you think you could take me head-on." Lefty held their blades with a death grip, not letting them move an inch.