Part 27: Morning Training With an Unlikely Opponent

Status Report: The Flame Pillar is in critical condition and has entered a coma. His chances of survival are slim. The three other slayers that accompanied him have conditions varrying from completely fine to critical. The Red Comet is...

The Kakushi stopped writing the report as loud thumps echoed in the distance.

A mile outside of the estate, Akai was angrily punching a tree.

"He was RIGHT THERE!!! HOW DID I LET HIM GET AWAY!?!?!?" Akai clenched his teeth and hammered at the giant tree trunk. He had grown to his tallest, taller than Giyu.

"You're good!"

Akai remembered Akaza's voice, and his blood boiled.

"Good eh??? JUST GOOD!?!?!" Akai's yelling got louder and louder. "I WILL ERASE YOU FROM THIS WORLD!!!!" Akai's attacks came at light speed and the tree trunk was showered in blows that let out shockwaves of of red fire. Akai swung extra hard and obliterated the tree, the ravaged chunks of wood turned to ash midair. Akai stood alone, letting out ragged, feral breaths.

"AKAZAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!" Akai roared into the sky. He'd been doing this all morning, and had destroyed nearly one hundred trees. He let his animalistic breaths slowly calm as his body emitted a trail of steam.

"Um... Hello?" Akai slowly turned to face in the direction of the voice. He saw Genya, partially tucking behind a tree. He scooted further into his cover once his eyes met Akai's rage filled glare.

"What?" Akai growled to the younger Shinazugawa brother.

"Mr. Ubuyashiki wants you to be quiet." Genya twiddled his fingers like Akai once did with Rengoku, though Akai felt Genya was doing it more out of fear and less out of respect.

"You can go tell him..." Akai clenched his jaw. "That I'll stop." Akai shrunk to a size around Tanjiro's height, which Akai himself considered what his normal size would be. "I'm sorry for causing you trouble. I'm just blowing off some steam." Akai bowed his head to Genya.

"I... Will give Oyakata-Sama your regards." Genya turned to leave, but stopped for a second. Akai could see sweat fall from Genya's forehead and him clench his hand before he turned back around and faced him. "That's not all I came here for." Genya forced himself to talk.

"Aight, Spill it." Akai said. Akai's face was startingnto match Giyu's emotion wise.

"I-I want you to..." Genya tried to get out.

"Say it." Akai was gettign impatient.

"C-can you teach me your moves?" Genya asked shyly.

"What?" Akai raised an eyebrow, confused by Genya's question. "Look, dude. The moves I use can only be pulled off by a demon that can superheat its body at will. You, one, aren't a demon. And, two, you can't superheat your body. So I don't know what to tell you." Akai explained to the younger Shinazugawa brother.

"Well that's the thing. Here- let me explain." Genya said. "By eating demon flesh, I can gain demon strength, regeneration, and even use a blood demon art. If I drank some of your blood, I would be able to fight a lot better." Genya gave his idea to Akai.

"Oh. Well, why didn't you say so?" Akai took out a cup of his blood and got ready to toss it at Genya. Genya got into a position to catch it, but it never came. "Hold on." Akai holstered the cup.

"...?" Genya raised his eyebrow.

"I'm instigating a trade. I get to have a fight with you, and you'll get the cup at the end. You get it whether you win or lose." Akai said with a sporting smile.