Part 50: Fighting the Mist Pillar

Lefty and Muichiro stared eatchother down. Lefty's blood tentacles coiled and squirmed, ready to be unleashed at the Mist Pillar. Muichiro still held an uncaring neutral stare, but Lefty hould hear Muichiro's heartbeat. It was just barely a bit faster.

"What're my win conditions?" Lefty asked before things went into motion.

"Either knocking me out or killing me, it's up to you." Muichiro answered.

Lefty let out an evil snicker, he was getting excited.

Slowly, they both took in deep breaths. Both their chests expanded to their utmost limit, bringing in the oxygen needed for an explosive attack.

"Mist Breathing: Fifth Form..." Muichiro said, vapor flowing out of his mouth. His vapor was gentle, flowing steadily and dancing in the wind.

"Breath of the Cosmos..." Lefty said. Vapor shot out of his mouth, much more than muichiro. One of the many benefits of being a demon was the enhanced lung capacity. His vapor was vast and came out like the smoke from a train's engine.

For three whole seconds they eyed eatchother.

"Sea of Clouds and Haze." Muichuro muttered and flew forward.

"Red Dragon!" Lefty was swallowed up by the silhouette of the red dragon. Muichuro reached him and let out a flurry of slices. The red dragon effortlessly danced around Muichiro's attacks Despite its size, it managed to weave around his blade with its serpentine body.

The moment Muichiro stopped to step back, Lefty flew out of the dragon and shot three tentacles at Muichiro.

"Scattering Mist Slash." Muichiro made a circular slash that destroyed all three of the tentacles. Lefty was hitting the same problem, his tentacles were too weak.

Muichiro took in another breath and ran to attack again.

Lefty growled and blasted forward. He concentrated all of his blood into a blade on his hand. They met in the middle and the air exploded with the sound of clashing blades. They were both equal for the moment, but Muichiro knew that Lefty's blood blade was still weaker than maximum strength nichirin.

Lefty could feel his blood blade begin to waver. It wouldn't last long enough at this rate. He growled and swung once as hard as he could. Muichiro knew that was coming, so he ducked underneeth Lefty's arm. He took this perfect chance to attack. Lefty saw it in slow motion. Muichiro calmy swinging his blade upwards. Despite it being dulled from it's clash with his blood blade, it glided effortlessly through his arm. Splitting it between the hand and the elbow.

Lefty's face scrunched up in horror and he stumbled back. blood spewed from the stump made by the Mist Hashira.

"Bastard..." Lefty growled.

Muichiro lowered his sword slightly.

"Your fighting style is random and conpulsive. You're easy to beat." Muichiro said coldly.

"To be fair, I've only existed for three months." Lefty said quietly.

Muichiro got ready to take in another breath. Lefty capitalized and flew forward. He swung the arm that had been cut, much to muichiro's suprise. Muichiro junped back, far out of range. Lefty anticipated this, and formed the blood pouring out of his stump into a serrated whip. The whip flew forward and lashed at hand Muichiro held his sword with. Lefty saw Muichiro's stark gaze falter for a moment when his hand was lashed and split open. Muichiro jumped far back and let out quick, deep breaths.

"A hand for a hand." Lefty cracked a smile.

Muichiro's gaze finally became angry.

"Come at me you little monster." Lefty thought.

Muichiro steeled himself and shook the blood off of his hand. He gripped his sword's handle as hard as he could, making veins bulge on his hand and the bleeding stop. Muichiro ran forward and jumped high into the air.

"Mist Breathing-"

Lefty shut that down and breathed fire at Muichiro. The flames went up and engulfed Muichiro. Lefty quickly closed his mouth and stopped the flames. He began to worry as the flames dissipated.

"Did I just kill Muichi-AAAAAA-" Lefty's thoughts were cut off when Muichiro flew out off the smoke and stabbed him in the the chest with his sword. The sword pushed deep inside and pierced his heart. Lefty slowly began to crumble to the ground. His main source of power, his heart, was destroyed.

Muichiro used Lefty's crumbling stance to pull his sword out and behead him.

Lefty's head flew away and landed on the ground. his body did the same.

"I win for today." Muichiro shook the blood from his sword.

Lefty slowly formed the blood on his hand stump and made a tentacle. The tentacle slowly slithered over to his severed hand and attached itself to the apendage. The tentacle slowly brought it back and Lefty slowly lifted his arm. The tentacle holding his severed hand coiled and compressed like a high powered spring, bringing itself closer to his stump. He was building up pressure. Slowly, the severed hand made a fist.

"Muichiro, your next line will be 'You were much weaker than that training doll.'." Lefty muttered.

"You were much weaker than that training doll." Muichiro said. "Wait did you-"

Lefty released the pressure in his arm and his fist shot out. The fist flew far and blasted straight into Muichiro's cheek. Muichiro's face erupted with shock as he crumbled to the ground.

"Get fucked..." Lefty muttered as he pieced himself back together. Once he was in one piece, he stood up and pulled out a blood cup.

"H-How did you..." Muichiro said weakly on the ground.

"Made it up on the fly." Lefty said and took a big gulp. "Oh, and another thing," Lefty started. "You were much, much weaker than your ancestor." Lefty finished and began walking down the trail.

"I want a rematch tomorrow."

"Aight." Lefty agreed to the proposition and kept walking.

----------

After a bit of walking, Lefty reached the previous clearing where Tanjiro, Kotetsu and Righty were. They ahd managed to get Yoriichi: Type 0 back on and the battel doll was chasing Tanjiro around. Lefty walked up and stood next to Righty, who was watching the doll chase Tanjiro.

"What going on over there?" Lefty asked.

"Kotetsu's training Tanjiro to get stronger than Muichiro." Righty answered. "Speaking of which, how'd your fight go?"

"I beat him."

"You did?"

"Well it was more of a tie."

"That's impressive." Righty congradulated Lefty.

"Imma go take a bath, I'm all sweaty from my match with Muichiro." Lefty turned and walked down the trail back to the village.