Part 30: Rest and Preparation

After a straight three hours of full-on sprinting, they eventually reached the wisteria house (a house marked with a wisteria flower symbol that welcomes any and all affiliated with the slayer corp). They hunkered down and shared a room, eating tempura shrimp as Uzui explained their mission.

"Once we get into the flower district, we have to search for my wife. I'll be looking for information on demons too." Uzui said while looking away in thought.

"..." Akai, Tanjiro, and Zenitsu stared at Tegen as Inosuke continued eating the shrimp.

"THIS IS UNBELIEVABLE!!!" Zenitsu blurted out.

"Huh?" Uzui felt he made himself clear.

"You can't just use your subordinates to look for personal brides!" Zenitsu yelled.

"Huuuh!? You're misunderstanding me!" Uzui flared.

"I'm just gonna say it: Wierd ass people like you will never be popular! However, YOU'RE TELLING US DEMON SLAYERS TO FIND YOU A BRIDE!!!" Zenitsu was at maximum volume by now.

"You FOOL!!! My wife infiltrated the Red Light District to gather information on the demon!" Uzui yelled back.

"He had time to snag a wife as a demon slayer? He really is an alpha." Akai thought.

"That's all in your head, isn't it?" Zenitsu looked at Uzui like he was crazy.

"HERE ARE THE LETTERS SHE SENT VIA CROW!!!" Uzui pulled out multiple tied stacks of letters and threw them at Zenitsu's face. Tanjiro picked on up and looked at all of them.

"These are a lot, have you been separated for a long time?" Tanjiro asked while slowly reading a few.

"I have three wives."

"GOD DAMN!!!" Akai's eyes widened upon hearing that.

"THREE WIVES!?!?? THAT'S A LIE! CUT THAT CRAP OUT!" Zenitsu screamed with bulging eyes.

Uzui only responded by planting his fist in Zenitsu's ribs.

"Any other complaints?" Uzui growled with a deadly aura coming off of him.

"Um... In the letters, you ask your wives to do their best and stay hidden. How will we stay hidden?" Tanjiro asked.

"We'll have disguises of course. As much as I hate it, be discrete. You just have to do a certain something to infiltrate." Uzui began. "My wives are top-of-the-line female ninja, Kunoichi. We believe the Flower District is the perfect place for demons to lurk. When I infiltrated as a customer, I wasn't able to find anything. So because of that, we went further than normal customers. We've narrowed the suspicious houses down to three. 'Suma' in the Tokito house. 'Makio' is the Ogimoto house. And 'Hinatsuru' in the Kyougoku house." Uzui said and held up three fingers.

"Aren't they dead already?" Inosuke said indifferently while plucking at his teeth.

Uzui didn't say a word as he blasted his fist into Inosuke's ribs.

"We brought the necessary items over." The owners of the house slid open the door and pushed a large box into view.

"Thanks..." Uzui growled, standing over the unconscious bodies of Inosuke and Zenitsu

----------

Akai later learned that Tanjiro, Zenitsu, and Inosuke were to crossdress and infiltrate the separate suspicious houses as girls. Akai didn't know how he'd play in yet. So he sat on a futon and ate some shrimp. He dipped it in blood so he could at least enjoy the texture.