Part 64: Burning Body

Lefty and Akaza both roared ferociously and rushed towards one another. Akaza's fist lit up in blue flames as he wound up his fist, and Lefty's fist glowed bright red with power. 

KATHOOM!!!

The mountain shook violently as their fists collided. Yushiro, who was still trying to find a way past the dome, spun around. His eyes widened at the sight on the top of the mountain. He saw red and blue flames battling it out on the mountainside as the forest was obliterated around them. Shattered shards of rock and splintered fragments of wood filled the sky, and the air lit up with the sounds of the rapid crashing booms of their colliding fists.

"More!!! Give me MORE!!!" Akaza cackled with gleeful madness.

"Shut up and die, you motherFUCKER!!!" Lefty snarled with his own mad smile.

They showered each other with vicious blows. Neither gave a single inch of headway. 

For a fraction of a split second, Lefty noticed Akaza sway backwards, and he leaned forward to catch him with a powerful punch. Akaza only smiled wider as he spun fast, aiming a roundhouse kick right at Lefty's head.

Lefty smiled and slammed his forehead into the attack. The shock of the impact shattered Akaza's foot, and Akaza staggered and lept back. Lefty let out a puff of steam from his mouth and rushed down Upper Moon 3.

Akaza took a defensive approach, dodging and deflecting Lefty's blows as Lefty showered him with blows. 

"Stop RUNNING!!!" The Red Comet yelled threw a flaming punch. Akaza ducked low under the punch and leaned forward, executing a counter uppercut on  Lefty, sending him flying upwards in a concussion-induced daze.

"It was fun, Red Comet..!" Akaza sighed. Akaza jumped high and aimed to end his nemesis.  "Obliteration Style!!!" Akaza aimed his strongest punch right at Lefty's head. 

"Red Dragon!" Lefty covered himself in the cowl of the red dragon, allowing him to dodge Akaza's finishing blow. 

The demons passed each other and landed a ways away from one another. 

"You never fail to disappoint me, Akai Suisei." Akaza said with a smile.

Lefty caught his breath for a moment, taking in a deep breath.

"You're not too bad yourself." Lefty smiled back.

"Your spirit and fighting style are utterly amazing." Akaza admitted.

...

...

...

"Are..."

...

...

...

"Are you hitting on me...?" Lefty paused and asked.

...

...

...

"No..." Akaza looked away.

"..." Lefty narrowed his eyes at the demon.

"...Let's just continue fighting." Akaza sighed.

...

"Can do." Lefty assumed a crouching position, readying himself for an explosive burst of power.

Akaza did the same, and they entered a standoff.

Lefty's legs glowed orange and red with heat as blazing blood flowed into them. Akaza's legs glowed bright blue and let out blue flames. 

A few million year-long seconds passed as they stared each other down. A far ways away, a single tree was still standing. Its entire trunk was scorched by the heat kicked up in the initial skirmish. A hunk of charcoal split off from its burning branch and began to fall down to the ground. The chunk of charcoal hit the ground, making a small puff of ash float up from its point of impact. At that very moment...