Part 54: Burning Resolve (1/4)

"Everything hurts. I can feel repeating waves of searing pain shoot up my leg. And something warm is leaking out of my chest. My leg... I can't even feel it. My femur was shattered... My thigh feels like a bag of gravel. Tanjiro. He's alone. I gotta be there to help him." Righty strained his body and began the herculean effort of trying to get up.

Tanjiro was slowly getting up. He wouldn't waste the opportunity his companion gave. He gripped his black blade. He could feel the fire flow into his body, down his arm and into his sword. He roared with anger and charged to continue the battle. He ran forward and took in a deep breath.

"Dance of The Fire God: Solar Halo Dragon Dance!!!" Tanjiro swung his sword and cleaved through the demons. The red hot blade glided through the demons chests and necks without any resistance. The attack left a long line of flames that scorched the demons' wounds even further.

"You've got an opportunity!!! MOVE!!!!" Righty groaned in pain and forced himself up off the ground. He roared with fury and his body snapped back together instantly. His body let out an orange glow and his axe was filled with the golden ripple.

"Breath of The Cosmos! Wrath of The Stars!!!" Righty rushed forward, slicing off the limbs of the demons. The golden energy was so concentrated and volatile to the demons that the flesh touched by the axe bubbled and melted on the spot. To the demons formerly known as Hantengu, they were no longer being attacked by Righty and Tanjiro. To them, Yoriichi Tsugikuni and Konpeki Suisei, the sun breather and the axe weilding demon slayer,  had risen from their graves to burn them to ash.

"GAH!!! What the hell!!! Those blades!!! I can't heal my chest wounds! And my arm is fucking liquid!!!" Karaku screamed in pain and flailed around.

"Calm yourslef dumbass. We are just healing slower than usual." Sekido growled and picked up his severed head to reattach it.

Righty and Tanjiro stood back to back. They emitted constant trails of steam from their mouths as they caught their breath. The two kings of heat stood tall, like twin fire gods. (fuck why am I hyping them up so much -_-)

"Genya!" Tanjiro said.

Righty turned around and saw what Tanjiro was staring at. Genya had impaled the spear demon on a tree and was holding its severed head. Genya was in his demon form. His eyes were jet black and his body was lined with balck veins.

"Genya. Are you alright? Listen I know how we can beat the-" Tanjiro was cut off when Genya appeared in front of hin instantly and grabbed his neck.

"Fat chance. I'm gonna be a Pillar!" Genya declared.

"Bad Genya!"

Bonk

Righty had snuck up behind Genya and gave him a swift karate chop on the top of his head. Breaking him out of his power-hungry stupor.

"So you want to be a pillar eh? Well then Me, Nezuko and Righty will help you with that!" Tanjiro beamed, despite still being in a chokehold. Genya's face slowly mellowed out, and a look of guilt replaced his look of anger.

"What's up with your face?" Tnajiro asked.

"Oh, he can turn into a demon after eating demon bits. We were supposed to keep that a secret from ya. But y'know..." Righty shrugged.

"Oh. Well I believe in you, Genya!" Tanjiro smiled and put his hands on Genya's shoulders. Genya blushed and let go of Tanjiro's neck.

"Heads up!" Righty yelled, allowing the three of them to barely dodge three thunderbolts aimed down at them. In the time it took for them to have their 'pleasant chat', the demons healed themselves.

"Tanjiro, you said there was a way to win. How!?" Righty yelled through the crackling of the lightning.

"I can sense a fifth body hiding from us! If we find it and kill it. It might put The Upper Moon 4 down!" Tanjiro answered.

Righty sighed and focused his hearing. Mixed in with the angry screaming of the demons, mixed in with the whistling breaths of Tanjiro, mixed in with the animalistic growls of Genya, and mixed in with his own thunderous heartbeat, he could hear someone whimpering in the bushes only fifty feet away from them.

"I-If I'm quiet, then they'll n-never find me..." A small voice whimpered.

Righty slowly turned around with an evil grin. His gaze met the eye of the fifth body. It was that of the original old man demon but shrunk down to the size of a small toy. Very similar to what Lefty and Righty can do. Righty smiled wider upon seeing him.

"GYAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!" The cowardly demon shrieked in terror upon being found out.

----------

Lefty Was being overrun by fish monsters. The bodies piled up and the blood flooded the streets. There was so much gore and viscera on the ground Lefty would slip and fall periodically, faceplanting into the sticky (and possibly poisonous) blood of the fish monsters. He was bleeding from the side and had giant claw marks opening his chest.

"COME ON YOU MOTHER FUCKERS!!!" Lefty roared into the sky as three more fish monsters lumbered towards him.

tap tap tap!!!

Righty heard fast footsteps head his way.

Mitsuri Kanroji jumped off the rooftop of a low hanging house and gripped her sword's handle, unsheathing it to reveal a long and flexible ribbon-like blade.

"Breath of Love, Third Form: Cat Love Shower!" Mitsuri called out and released a series of fast strikes down on the fish monsters and flaying them to bits.

"Ms. Kanroji!" Lefty smiled upon seeing her. "I thought you left!" He said.

"My hometown is actually really close by. It's convenient Right?" Mitsuri laughed and landed flawlessly on another rooftop. "Are you okay?" She asked him.

"Yea, they just didn't give me any time to- GNYH!!!-" Lefty grunted and his wounds closed. "-heal." Lefty finished his sentence.

"I'll take it from here! You got their source and take out whatever's making them!" Mitsuri ordered.

"Okay! But where would..." Lefty turned and looked out into the woods. The fish monsters were coming from a place farther from the main village. Very very close to-

"Gasp Mr. Haganezuka!!!" Lefty yelled and let his body heat up and emit a red flame.

"Red Dragon!" The fire surrounding Lefty rearranged itself into a red dragon and zoomed towards the origin of the fish monsters.