Part 60: One More Mission

Lefty awoke.

He wasn't sure where he was though...

Everything was red. And he couldn't breathe...

Was this hell? Purgatory?

Nope. When he opened his mouth and tasted something delicious, he realized it was a bathtub full of blood. Lefty closed his eyes happily and soaked up the blood like a sponge. Once he was left in a dry, empty bathtub. His body was as good as new, and he felt great. He sat up, grew his skin into his favorite outfit (gross, right?), and let out a refreshed sigh.

"Good morning, Red Comet." A kakushi that had been left to monitor him got up from a stool and bowed to him.

"Mornin'." Lefty greeted the kakushi. "What did I miss?"

"Please follow me to lord Kagaya's estate." The kakushi said.

Lefty followed the kakushi to Ubuyashiki's home, the kakushi didn't bother explaining what happened during the time he was out, so he assumed Mr. Ubuyashiki would tell him.

"Have a good day." The kakushi bowed to him.

"You guys have been a lot more respectful lately. Why is that?"

"Your contributions have not gone unseen." The kakushi answered briefly and rushed off elsewhere.

Lefty made a small smile, before turning and knocking on Ubuyashiki's door.

A single one of his children answered the door.

"Good morning." Lefty gave them a small wave.

"Come in." He didn't sense any hostility. Nor any happiness. He followed them inside and found out why. Master Ubuyashiki's sickness had spread to further parts of his body, and he was now bed-ridden and covered head to toe in bandages. Tending to him were his wife and kids. Righty was sitting on his knees in front of Ubuyashiki. Without a word, Lefty bowed his head and did the same.

"Good morning, my boys." Ubuyashiki said. His voice was weak, sickly, and shallow.

"Good morning. Mr. Ubuyashiki." They bowed to him.

"I've called you here... to give you a task that only you can accomplish..." Ubuyashiki said. "You see, ever since Nezuko conquered the sun, the demons have disappeared from these mountains." He began. "I believe Muzan is planning something. Something big. So I called the pillars together to train every recruit to be ready for what he has in store for us." Ubuyashiki explained.

"Where do we come in?" Lefty and Righty said in unison.

"I need you two to escort a woman and her assistant here. Their knowledge in demon physiology and pharmaceuticals may help us understand Nezuko and potentially cure her. The fact that you two are also demons makes it more likely she will end up trusting us." Ubuyashiki finished.

"Why would us being demons make her trust us more?" They asked.

"Her name is Tamayo. She is a benevolent demon, like yourselves." Ubuyashiki said. "You will have to escort her from the city to here, so it will be quite the dangerous mission. But nonetheless, I have faith in you two." Ubuyashiki said.

"We won't fail, Sir." Lefty and Righty bowed down and swore.

"Good luck. You are dismissed." He said.

They both did one more bow and left the house.

"Oh and one more thing." Lefty stuck his head back inside.

"Yes?" said Ubuyashiki.

"Would me and Righty be considered pillars? Since we have our own breathing style and all the work we did?" Lefty asked.