Part 10: The First Hunt (1/2)

Akai stood alone in the woods outside the slayer headquarters. He was next to a very large tree. Akai practiced continuous punches and combos. Each blow created a loud knock and left a small circle of flattened wood where his fists connected.

"But what would a living opponent do?" He wondered how he could apply this to his fighting. He sighed and walked away.

-----------

Akai. Stood outside the Wind pillar's home. He continuously tapped on the door,

Knock.

Knock.

Knock.

waiting for an answer.

"Mr. Shinazugawa? Mr. Shinazugawa..." Akai continued knocking.

"Come on! Don't you want to kick my ass? Show me all those cool moves of yours! It'll help me learn!" Akai yelled through the door.

No answer.

"Mother fucker..." Akai growled to himself.

"He isn't here." Said a voice above him. Akai quickly glanced up and was met with the serpent pillar, Iguro Obanai. The serpent pillar was perched perfectly on the roof of the home.

"HOLY SHI-" Akai jumped back, startled.

"Sanemi is off hunting demons." Iguro said, unfazed.

"You're the only Hashira that wasn't around to be introduced to me that day, huh? Well, do you mind showing me some of your techniques?" Akai asked.

"I don't mind."

"Oh realy? It would be cool to-"

"Serpent Breathing... Second Form:" Obanai whispered as steam seeped from his bandaged face. He grabbed his oddly shaped wavy sword and gripped it tightly. Obanai burst forward from the roof and flew behind Akai before spinning and lobbing off his head.

"Venom Fangs of The Narrow Head..." Obanai sheathed his blade and sighed.

...

...

...

"Bravo!" Akai's severed head cheered as his body clapped on its own.

"You're not dead?" Obanai whipped around with wide eyes.

"Why would I be? I wasn't lying when I said you guys couldn't kill me." Akai said and popped his head back on.

"Impossible...!" Obanai growled in disbelief.

"Come on dude, I conquered the sun." Akai reminded the serpent pillar. "But anyway, I think I got your tactics down. You like to move fast, like the thunder breathers, but your attacks involve a lot of turning and bending, like a snake." Akai put his hand on his chin in thought.

"You think you have me figured out!?" Obanai barked angrily.

"Yes actually." Akai crouched down and whipped the blood off his neck and onto his hands. He smiled as steam blew out from his mouth.

"Breath of the Cosmos... Second Form..." Akai said as his arms and legs glowed orange. "Serpent of The Stars..."

"Wha-" Was all Obanai could get out before Akai tore through the air. Obanai saw a giant serpent made of the night sky, it's scales twinkled like stars and its eyes glowed like the sun. It darted right and left before shooting straight towards Obanai.

"Damn!" Obanai thought frantically as he raised his sword. "Huh?" Obanai blinked and saw only the long tail of the snake as it slithered to his side. "BEHIND!!!" Obanai's mind screamed. He whipped around to be met with the gaping jaws of the giant serpent. Out of its mouth flew Akai. His fist was aimed straight at Obanai's head ready to take it off.