Part 91: Embrace

"Hmph." Lefty grunted. 

He was pleasantly surprised. 

"What were you expecting?" Ume asked him. Ume was pressed against him snugly, Lefty's arms wrapped around her upper and lower back. Involuntarily, his fingers softly caressed the smooth fabric of the undershirt Ume had revealed a few minutes prior.

"...Uh..." Lefty looked away. "Prefer not to answer..." Lefty chuckled to himself. Ume smirked, and nuzzled into Lefty's chest.

"This feels better, right?" Ume asked in a hushed tone. "You don't have to torture yourself about the demon whose skull you crushed..." She said. "Instead of the demon that hurt you, and that you hurt... think about the girl who gave you warm midnight hugs..." 

"...Alright..." Lefty closed his eyes, and buried his head in Ume's hair, drinking in her scent.

It was a beautiful smell.

The smell of the girl he cared about.

The smell of a human.

----------

A few minutes had passed, and Ume was not sleepy in the slightest. Despite how comfortable they were, she felt no compulsion to sleep whatsoever.

She grunted to herself in frustration, before looking up at Lefty's face. She studied his still face. Lefty's eyes were close, and his face held a perpetual grumpy frown. She wasn't sure if he was sleeping.

She began to think of him.

That blunt idiot that could go from an annoyance to incredibly terrifying in an instant. The one she had tortured, been tortured by, been healed by, then healed. The one that the hands of fate seemed hell-bent on throwing into her life.

"Lefty..." Ume thought to herself. "Who the hell are you to me...?"

She started out hating him, only wanting to get near him for information. But as time went by he was almost like a second Gyutaro. Someone she could rely on. Was seducing Lefty her only goal at the Bathhouse? Was there something more than hugs and teasing?

"Ugh." Ume grunted. She was used to drunk bafoons and old men. She was used to one-and-done business. All these thoughts about feeling were utterly annoying.

Guess she should keep things simple, then.

"Hey, Lefty." Ume snaked one of her arms out of his grasp and poked him on the cheek. His eyes opened instantaneously, showing he wasn't sleeping. She flinched momentarily at the discovery.

"What?" Lefty asked, his deadpan frown softening when he met her gaze.

"Wanna have sex?"

...

...

...

...

...

...

"Okay, that's a huge tone shift..." Lefty muttered to himself. 

"Well?" Ume was waiting for an answer.

"Uh..."

----------

"It's... so warm...!"

"It's filling me up...!"

"It feels so good...!

Righty and Aoi traded incredibly suspicious dialogue as Hamon flowed between them, lighting up their bodies with a golden alien glow. Where their bodies made contact, the Hamon let out a low sizzling crackle as Hamon from both sides flooded in between the points of connection.