Part 31: Improv and Infiltration

Akai stared at the ground as he darted to and fro in the district. Despite growing to the height of Tomioka for discreetness, Akai still acted like a lost child.

"Okay, okay. Think. How do I get access to an Oiran? How do I do that? WHY DO I HAVE TO DO THAT?!?!?! WHY THE FUCK DID MR. TENGEN MAKE ME DO THIS!?!?!?!" Akai had a quiet mental breakdown as beads of sweat dripped from his forehead. "Stay calm. Deep breaths..." Akai slowed down and took in long breaths. Calming himself slowly. "Imitate the other men here." Akai straightened his posture and stared forward calmly. He strutted forward as if he had somewhere to be.

"Alright... how do I look like a rich guy. I need money, the fifty gold coins I got are a start, but nowhere near enough." Akai thought. He then noticed a pile of rotten apples. He felt a lightbulb flicker on in his head.

----------

Akai stood in front of the Kyougoku house. If he remembered correctly, an Oiran lived here. He might also find one of his friends here, seeing as this was one of the houses they were infiltrating.

"Alrighty... Here goes..." Akai thought entered the open doors.

"Hello sir! How may I help you?" The 'master' of the Kyougoku house welcomed him inside.

"I'm just going to be upfront." Akai said confidently and pulled out his bag of coins. "I would like an audience with this house's oiran." Akai demanded.

"...I'm sorry sir. The Oiran isn't taking any visitors. That's also not nearly enough." The host said with a bit of sadness.

"Fuck. Okay, okay. Improvise."

In the corner of his eye, Akai noticed Zenitsu in his disguise, he was sweeping the floor while keeping an eye on him.

"Then I'd like a night with a normal woman. That one to be precise." Akai pointed right at Zenitsu, whose eyes widened.

"What? She's just a servant." The master muttered.

"She catches my eye~." Akai pretended to sound turned on, making Zenitsu cringe.

"Well, I suppose you can do that." The master decided it was okay.

"I'd like two nights with that girl. I'll stay all day tomorrow and spent the night with her again." Akai said and pulled an apple size diamond from his Kimono.

"Sir, this is too much!" The host said, flabbergasted.

"Just take it." Akai insisted.

"Very well... Zeniko!" The host nodded and called his servant.

----------

Akai was given a room with a disgusted 'Zeniko'. There, they'd be able to talk in the open. Zenitsu stood in the center of the room while Akai leaned against a wall with crossed arms.

"I can't believe you!" Zenitsu barked. "That was so disgusting!"

"I had to pull off the act, What else can I say?" Akai shrugged.

"I feel gross!" Zenitsu held himself and shivered.

"Whatever." Akai looked away, not wanting to deal with Zenitsu's overly dramatic antics.

After a brief silence, Akai spoke:

"Are you going to keep in touch with Mr. Tengen?" Akai asked.

"I'll send him letters every night." Zenistu said.

"Cool." Akai muttered. "I'll stick with you in here." Akai decided.

"What about getting an Oiran." Zenitsu asked.

"There's an Oiran here, I'll just follow her around."

"What about Tengen-Sama?"

"Man, fuck Mr. Tengen! He hit Aoi!" Akai growled.

"He slapped her on the butt." Zenitsu deadpanned at him.

"That's even worse..." Akai's eyes glowed for a split second.

"What do we do if someone comes to check on us?" Zenitsu whispered, hearing servants and prostitutes moving throughout the halls.

"Are you a good kisser?" Akai asked with a chuckle.

"You're disgisting!" Zenitsu wrinkled his lip and looked away.

"These beds are really comfy looking. better than the ones at the estate." Akai walked over to the bed, letting his eyes look over every detail. Its soft blankets, its squishy-looking pillows, and its smooth, but robust mattress. Akai couldn't help but climb on and start jumping on it.

"What the hell are you doing!?" Zenitsu yelled at Akai.

"Enjoying myself!" Akai shouted back playfully.

"What about being discreet!?"

"They think that me you are doing the nasty. This commotion will confirm their thoughts!" Akai said.

Zenitsu paused for a moment, and joined him.

"This is fun!" Akai exclaimed. "Shinobu would never let me do this!"

"Yea, I guess it is!" Zenitsu nodded.

Outside of the room, servants were gathering to listen.

"listen to that creaking, they must be going crazy on the bed..." One of the girls whispered.

Zenitsu and Akai messed around for the rest of the night. Not really doing much, but building their friendship. And is there really anything more important than that?

----------

Hello, author here. Sorry for the long wait and lackluster chapter, I didn't really have many ideas to go on for this. I do have more planned though.

Bye!  :D