Part 53: Battle With The Multiplying Demon

Genya aimed his double barreled shotgun down at the demons and fired. Righty could see the bullets fly towards the heads of the fan and staff demon. He also noticed something intruiging: The bullets changed direction midair, making them turn and hit the demons on the neck square on, slicing off the head of the staff demon and leaving the fan demon's head handing by a thin shred of flesh.

"This is how he cut off my leg when we fought eatchother." Righty remembered his battle with Genya when he and Lefty were one.

Genya unsheathed his sword and ran forward, finishing the fan demon by cutting the hanging flesh and detatching the head completely.

"WAIT GENYA! THEY CAN'T BE KILLED THAT WAY! THE BODIES WILL REGENERATE INTO NEW ONES!!!" Tanjiro yelled.

"Oh fudge. Even I forgot about that." Righty grumbled. And suddenly, two became four. The head of the staff demon became a bird man demon, and the head of the fan demon became a yagi weilding demon in all black. (Yagi are long, thick bladed spears. This one has 3 prongs)

That makes a fan demon, a staff demon, a bird demon, and a yagi or spear demon.

The bird demon grabbed Tanjiro by the leg and began to fly off with him. Genya was too caught pff guard by Tanjiro's yelling that he let hinself be impaled through the chest by the yagi demon.

"GENYAAAAAAAAA!!!!" Tanjiro screamed at full volume, unaware of Genya's healing.

"Quit staring, bro!" Righty dislocated his bones and sunk all the way to the ground, avoiding a destructive blast of wind from the fan demon. Righty ducked to the right and left and weaved towards him.

"Now Now, do you really think that'll work?" The fan demon jeered and swung his fan horizontilly, sending a crescent shaped wave of wind flying towards Righty. Righty steeled himself and took it head on. The air ravaged his skin and split his flesh, unleashing giant gashes all over his body. The pressure made Righty fly back and do a few flips. "Score! That's two for m-" The fan demon was cut off when Righty's axe flew into his chest.

Righty used the momentum in his spinning to build enough power to throw his axe as hard as he could.

"Owie!!! Sekido! Back me up man!" Karaku stunbled back and clutched his chest. Karaku jumped behind Sekido as he shook his staff, making the lighning crackle and shoot towards Righty. Righty turned his head to the side, making a small stray line of electricity scorch his cheek as the bolt flew by.

"Gah! Have a taste of your own medecine!" Karaku ripped the axe out of his chest and threw it back at Righty.

Righty sidestepped and caught the axe effortlessly. His movements made it look like he had used that axe for years, but in truth it was pure instinct. It was almost like the axe chose him. He smiled and ran forward, axe in hand.

----------

"HYO! HYO! HYO! H-"

Lefty landed on the fish monster's head, oblitterating it instantly. Lefty exhaled a large cloud of steam and went to shred the fish monsters to peices.

"HYO!" A fish monster crashed through the wall of a vacant home and brought its open hand down on Lefty. Lefty caught the gargantuan fleshy hand, the preassure and power caused him to sink a few inches into the ground.

"Hyo?"

Lefty pushed the hand away and blasted the fish monster to pieces with a heated fist.

"Two down..." Lefty looked up and saw dozens of the same monsters crawling towards him. "...Like, forty seven to go..." Lefty smiled and bit the tip of his thumb. The blood slithered out of his digit and coiled into a bladed tentacle.

"This is gonna be fun..."

----------

Righty lifted his axe up and swung it down hard. Sekido parried it and decked him across the face with the blunt end of his staff. Righty stumbled back and crumbled onto one knee.

"UUUU!!!" Nezuko ran to Righty's aid and clawed at Sekido's face. Karaku came from her side and sliced her with the bladed part of his fan. He laughed and kicked her hard in the ribs, sending her flying towards Righty.

"Oh shit!" Righty thought as Nezuko flew at him. He made the split second decision and held his hands out. He grabbed her as she collided with him, spun her around,  and threw her back with double the power of Karaku's kick. Nezuko set her blood on fire and turned into a red hot missle. The impact smashed Sekido's chest and sent him flying into a wall, splattering him on the hard stone.

"SEKIDO!" Karaku turned and looked at his 'counterpart' covering the wall start to piece himself back together. "You bastard!" Karaku growled and lifted his fan.

Rightu flew in and heated the hand holding the axe. The energy travelled down the handle of the ace and into the blade, making it spark with a yellowish orange energy. Righy made an upward swing, cutting open the righty side of Karaku's face. Karaku fell back and started screaming. His faze bubbled up and then began to melt. Something happened to Akai's energy as it passed through the axe. The energy went from untamed, raw heat to a refined life energy. It glowed golden and crackled like electricity. It moved down his axe like a ripple.

While Righty was busy in thought, a blast of lightning form the staff demon hit his side head on, bringing him to his knees. Righty's eyes became glossy and he started to fall forward. The only thing that kept him lucid was the glint of a blade being swung at his neck. He parried the bladed leaf fan of Karaku and got back to his feet.

"I'm gonna enjoy ripping off your limbs!!!" Karaku jeered, his gace fixed.

"Go ahead and try it, you fucker!" Righty growled and gripped his axe, lighting it up with the golden energy. He swing his axe at Karaku's neck, but Karaku's spun and roundhouse kicked Righty in the chin, making him crumble to the ground. Sekido took this chance and impaled Righty with his staff, lodging the staff in the ground and keeping Righty rooted in place.

Righty knew what was about to happen and closed his eyes.

"AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!!!!" Righty screamed as the staff lit up with electricity, he writhed in agony as it surged throughout his body, cooking him alive.

Tanjiro crashed through a wall with the bird demon, finally having taken care of it. He looked up and saw Righty had been turned into a lightning rod kebab and started screaming.

"RIGHTY!!! LET HIM GO!!!" Tanjiro sprinted towards Sekido and swung for his neck.

"Tch- you slayers are so troublesome." Sekido grew a new staff out of his hand  and shook it. A bolt of lighting flew at Tanjiro, but he ducked.

Right as the lightning was generated in the other staff, the lightning output of the staff impaling Righty decreased. In that split second, Righty punched the staff as hard as he could, busting it out of the floor and letting him get up.  Righty smiled and wielded the staff like a baseball bat. Right as Sekido turned around, Righty clobbered him with his own staff.

"You GET! WHAT! YOU! FUCKING! DESERVE!!!" Righty said as he bashed Sekido's skull in with repeated hard strikes.

"You're forgetting about someone!!!" Righty and Tanjiro looked up to see Karaku jump into the sky, fan raised high above his head.

Righty's eyes widenned and he punched Tanjiro in the face, sending him flying out of Karaku's range. Karaku swung his fan down hard and released a maelstrom of pressurized wind down on Akai, burrying him into a crater.