Special Part: Halloween Night (Modern AU)

Author's Note: This takes place in a Modern AU. I don't think I'll consider this canon to my story.

---------

As the night falls over the small city of Kimetsu Town, the streets come to life with people of all ages. Halloween has come, the only night when people can legally form gangs and tresspass on private property while hiding their identities. For many familiar faces, life on Halloween can be fun, frightful, lustful or violent.

----------

"GYAH!!!" Zenitsu, dressed as a pumpkin, screamed in terror when a person dressed as a werewolf jumped at him from the shadows. "Tanjiro, Help me!!!" Zenitsu shrieked.

"Oh geez, this place is really scary!" The normally brave Tanjiro was shivering with fear as he and his friends traversed the haunted house. His trembling caused his carboard samurai costume to shake uncontrollably.

"Y-you w-w-weaklings. There's nothing to fear here." Inosuke, who just wore his boar mask, said. Despite trying to keep his cool, he was the one who trembled the most.

The three of them slowly traversed the haunted house. Fog machines and flourescent lights turned the dark space into an attack on the senses. One could hear screams, growls and roars all around him, yet couldn't see ten feet in front of him.

"I see it! The exit!" Tanjiro cheered. The three of them raced towards the open doorway, so close to freedom.

"RAAAAAHHHHH!!!!"  Rui, his uncle, and his father dropped down from the ceiling in spider costumes. Making Tanjiro, Zenitsu, and Inosuke scream and fly out of the doorway, faceplanting on the yard outside of the haunted house.

"LET'S GET OUTA HERE!!!" Zenitsu screamed and they ran kff the yard and onto the street.

"I knew you boys wouldn't like it. Don't run off!" Dressed as a lion, Kyojuro Rengoku laughed and ordered them to slow down. He had been tasked with babysitting them by the neighborhood parents. Kanao, in a dress lined with flowers, ran to check Tanjiro for any wounds in the rush to escape. Nezuko, dressed as a princess and Senjuro (the big R's little brother) dressed as a lion cub followed closely behind Rengoku.

Once the trio of red, yellow and brown gained their composure, they joined Rengoku and continued trick or treating. On the other side of the street, Gyoumei Himejima led a pack of thirty preschoolers to the front door of a big house. Muzan Kibutsuji dressed as Michael Jackson greeted the children.

----------

In the house of the butterfly sisters, Shinobu, Kanae and Kanao, a large house party was going down. The parents of the butterfly sisters were on a business trip, meaning the house was open.

Inside the house, the smell of fruit punch and the sound of pop music filled the air. On the couch, Genya Shinazugawa dressed as a zombie spammed buttons on a controller visciously, getting absolutely and effortlessly destroyed by Muichiro Tokito in Super Smash Bros. Muichiro didn't wear a costume. Figures.

"Now now! Single file everyone!" In the Kitchen, Kanae Kocho controlled the snacks and beverages, making sure every person got some food or drink while also making sure no alchohol whatsoever made its way into the crowd of underaged partygoers. Since Kanao was out trick or treating and Shinobu was missing, she had to do all the work herself.

In the basement of the house, partygoers were free to drink alcohol without and consequences. Uzui Tengen dressed as a ninja and Sanemi Shinazugawa dressed as a zombie played together on a pool table as Uzui's girlfirends and other bystanders cheered. In the corner of the basement, Iguro Obanai dressed as a snakecharmer made small talk with a tipsy Mitsuri Kanroji dressed as a witch.