Part 47: Hanging Out

Righty and Lefty left Tecchin's home and walked outside.

"Where's Tanjiro?" Righty asked.

"Beats me." Lefty shrugged. He turned around and looked at a bush. "Hey, did you see where Tanjiro Kamado went?"

"How did you-" A kakushi that had been tailing them with a knife popped out.

"The kakushis in the corp always do this." Lefty explained.

"Darn... Well, I saw him go to the hot spring." The kakushi said and disappeared into the bushes again.

"Thank you very much!" Righty thanked the kakushi, even though he was already gone.

----------

Lefty and Righty strode down the walkway that led to the hot spring the air slowly got more and more humid until it was thick with steam. They turned a corner and were met with the how spring. Tanjiro and Nezuko were frolicking in the steaming water.

"Hey Tanjiro!" Righty greeted.

"Hey Righty! Lefty! Come in, come in!" Tanjiro beckoned them to come into the water. They ran over and hopped into the hot spring, still fully clothed. "Hey-wait! Don' you have to take your clothes off!?" Tanjiro said frantically.

"Nah. These clothes are just for show. This is actually our skin." Lefty pulled hard on his clothing and it tore like Kabarunaru(obanai's snake)'s shed skin.

"...Oh..." Tanjiro said, unsettled by the knowledge that they were wearing skinsuits.

"So, how're ya feeling about this place?" Righty paddled up to Tanjiro and asked.

"Oh, I've really liked it! Did you know Shinazugawa Genya and Kanroji Mitsuri are here?" Tanjiro said.

"Oh, really? That's super cool!" Righty laughed.

While Righty and Tanjiro were chatting, Nezuko played with a shrynken down lefty. She swung him around like a toy and dunked him in the water over and over as he let out high pitched screams.

"Hey- Nezuko!" After a few minutes, Tanjiro noticed what was happening and went to pry Lefty out of Nezuko' hands. Lefty scrambled out of the water and grew to his normal size.

"WHY DOES SHE KEEP DOING THAT?" Lefty screamed. "I'm outa here." Lefty turned to the trail and went to leave.

"Wait, we'll go together!" Tanjiro called out for Lefty, who stopped.

----------

Lefty and Righty were outside of the bathhouse next to the hot spring, waiting for Tanjiro and Nezuko to dry off and put their clothes on. A few minutes later, Tanjiro and Nezuko emerged from the bathhouse, fully clothed and ready to go.

"So, how are you two going get the water off your clothes? You're still dripping wet." Tanjiro asked the demon brothers, who were still drenched in water.

"It's pretty simple." Lefty said and took in a deep breath. His entire body glowed orange and the water covering him boiled off instantly. Righty did the same.

"Hm!" Nesuko shrunk down and hopped onto Lefty's back. She climed up and positioned herself on his shoulders. She wrapped her legs around Lefty's neck and she gripped his hair withe her hands.

"Uh, Tanjiro?" Lefty tudned to Tanjiro.

"It's fine. She just wants a piggyback ride." Tanjiro said and chuckled.

"Whatever..." Lefty sighed.

They all grouped together and began their walk to the place the dinner was being held.