84: Tension

On a soon-to-be not-normal morning, in a room in the Butterfly estate, a girl burst awake, sitting up in her bed. She was breathing heavily.

"Good morning." The girl whipped her head in the direction of the voice. Lefty leaned against a wall, an opened blood cup in his hand.

"You! Where the hell am I!?" The girl pulled out one of her hair pins and pointed it at Lefty like a knife.

"First, I need you to answer a few questions." Lefty pushed off of the wall and holstered the blood cup. 

"Where's Gyutaro!? I swear! He'll cut you to pieces if you touch me!" The girl ignored Lefty and threatened him.

"Do you recognize my face?" Lefty started.

"If you're with that fucking samurai, tell that fucking pedo to shove it!!!" The girl shrieked.

"You don't need to worry about him." Lefty remembered all that time ago, when he saw Daki's memories. "He's dead."

"...Then who the fuck are you?" The girl asked.

"What is the last thing you remember before waking up here?" 

"I turned that scumbag Samurai into a pirate, I was running away, he caught me... then..." The girl froze, as the memory of her being burned played through her mind, she held herself, shuddering at the memory of her flesh sizzling as she screamed for her brother.

"So your memory ends at the point you were burned?" Lefty asked. She nodded.

"I'm unscathed... Are you a doctor?" She asked him.

"No."

"Then who are you?" 

"I'm Bofa."

"Bofa who?"

"Nevermind, you can call me Lefty." Lefty gave her his nickname.

"Lefty implies a Righty." She said.

"And you'd be right, and he'd also be right, as in Righty." Lefty nodded. "And you, what do you call yourself?" Lefty asked.

"Well, my work name is Hime." Hime said.

"I don't need the work name, what is the name you were born with?" Lefty asked. It seemed Hime would become Waribahime as she began killing as a demon.

"I can't tell you that..." She averted her gaze from him.

"It's Ume, isn't it?" Lefty piped in. 

"HOW DO YOU KNOW THAT!?" Ume suddenly flared with anger. "Only Gyutaro knows that name! What did you do to him!?!?" She pointed her hairpin vindictively at Lefty.

"You wouldn't want to see him now." Lefty said. He wondered if Muzan had killed him or not.

"Take me to him!!!" Ume yelled.

"I'm afraid that's impossible." Lefty sighed. "You see-WHAT THE-" Lefty was caught off guard when she rushed him with the hairpin, grabbing it before she could shove it into his abdomen. "Well, aren't you just a ray of sunshine!" Lefty held the hairpin casually as Ume pushed with all her might. "Listen, I can't let you leave for the time-AOW-GAGHK!!!" Lefty cried out as Ume headbutted him, smashing her forehead into his nose. Ume followed up and mercilessly shoved her hairpin into Lefty's gut, pushing it deep into him before turning and running for the door. 

"I didn't even do anything..." Lefty whimpered and crumpled to the ground as Ume fidgeted with the door. She tried to force it open, only to find it was locked. Frustrated, she slammed her shoulder into the doorframe. That seemed to make progress as the door shook violently with a crack. She slammed herself into it once again and broke through the door, blowing it off of its hinges and falling down on the outside. She raised her head and looked around. The scenery only seemed to quadruple her confusion. What she thought was a room in a large building was instead the equivalent of a wooden box in a giant clearing. She spotted half a dozen colorfully dressed people, swords at their hips, whipping around to face her. She immediately reached for her hairpin, urging the group to draw their weapons. A man with a white haori and a face covered in scars was quick to attack, reaching for his sword's handle and rushing forward.