Part 2: The Start of a Thousand Year Journey

The people of the village were left on edge. Their best woodchopper was eaten by a demon, and their hired swordsmen went missing. They wondered why the son of the woodchopper was gone for three days. They assumed he was mourning his loss.

Akai was still on the floor of his home, drinking his blood and growing ever stronger. He felt an insatiable thirst for blood. He craved human blood, and nearly lept from his home and ate a child because of how good they smelled. But he realized his own blood somehow sufficed. He didn't know why, but he didn't care. He was a monster, but he was a monster with self-control, empathy, with the ability to reason. With the main downside to the transformation gone, he was at a peak superhuman state.

He was the good demon.

(Roll credits)

He got up and stretched. He could become a savior for all people plagued by attacks from demons and criminals. He could take down Muzan. He could-

"YEOW!!!!" Akai shouted in pain as his skin touched some sunlight. It immediately bubbled and emitted smoke. He let out a few erratic breathes and healed it. He put his thumb in his mouth and began sucking on it. A small hint of blood plastered a taste of iron on his tongue.

"Hmmm... My thumb tastes like iron. I wonder how it would taste if it was pure iron." Akai thought as he bit down on his thumb. He pulled it out, letting his thumb grind against his teeth. He felt his thumb get more stiff as he gnashed it on his teeth. Did he cut a nerve?  When his thumb stopped grinding against his teeth, he lifted it to see what type of damage his teeth did. The thumb was noticeably not damaged in the slightest. It was stiffer, harder, and had a silver sheen.

His teeth turned it into pure iron.

"What the fu-"

After a few hours of research in old books he found out this was known as a demon blood art. A demon blood art was a physical or magical ability gained by incorporating blood into an attack, body part, or weapon.

"Hm. Cool." Akai stared at the book and began turning more pages. "Okay. Demon weapons, demon abilities, demon territories, how to kill a demo- that sounds like a good one." Akai found a section that went over how to kill a demon.

How to kill a demon: Nichirin blades are most effective, cut off the demon's head with the blade to kill it. If Nichiren swords are not on hand, try to restrain the demon until the sun comes up. Wisteria is toxic to demons, and can be made into a poison or rubbed on the skin to deter demons. If these examples aren't options, you cannot kill a demon.

"Alrighty then..." Akai looked at his metal thumb, before opening his mouth again. He bared his teeth and felt his blood trickle into his canines. "Demon blood art: Forging Fang!"Akai said internally as he bit down on his thumb. "Turn to Nichiren..." Akai thought, and ground hit teeth against his thumb. He pulled it out to reveal the thumb was still metal but had a hard sheen with a small rainbow in the glare.

"Nice..." Akai smiled.

Akai dedicated a few hours to honing his 'forging fang' and consuming his own blood.

By the end of it, he realized the true scope of his power. His forging fang was able to alter things he could fully fit his teeth around, meaning his whole arm could become a blade if he decided to grind his teeth against it. And that's exactly what he made.

 And that's exactly what he made

"Cool, but cumbersome." Akai noted. He used his hand blade to chop a 3-foot table leg off of his old dinner table. He held it like a knife and bit down where the blade would be.

"Turn into a Nichiren knife." Akai thought and ground his teeth against it. After a few minutes, the Nichiren spread from the scratched left from his teeth through the wood, shaping it into a blade and handle. While this happened, Akai turned his bladed hand back into a normal hand.

"Ah! Much better."

The rest of the day was spent feeding and making helpful items

The rest of the day was spent feeding and making helpful items. He nicked his knuckles with his forging fang, making them turn into Nichiren spikes.  He also placed a sheathe for the knife on the back of his pants' waistline.

With that, he could leave. The sun was going down, which meant he could travel and begin his quest for the head of Muzan Kibutsuji.

"DEMON!!!" Akai heard someone scream. Akai reached for his knife and opened his door. Had Kibutsuji come back?

"Run, it's coming!" A man yelled as he ran by. Akai ignored him and sprinted in the opposite direction. He turned the corner of a house to find that a demon had cornered one of the small children he knew. The demon wasn't Kibutsuji. It looked to be on the weak side.

"Hey!" Akai shouted. The male demon turned his head and bared his teeth.

"Hey! Back off! This is my prey!" The demon growled, mistaking Akai for one of its kind.

"I'm here for you." Akai bared his teeth in retaliation and drew his blade.

"What's the matter with you? There's plenty of food to go around in these mountains! I've already eaten 20 people!" The demon argued.

Akai's soul burned with rage.

"I'm going to cut off your head." Akai raised his blade and pointed straight at the demon.

The demon roared at Akai and lept towards him. Akai did the same and they collided midair. The demon dug its claw into Akai's side, making Akai groan in pain and rocket his fist into the Demon's head, flattening his skull and sending him flying into a wall. Akai landed feet first on the ground and segwayed right into a charge. He met the demon right as he got up and shoulder tackled him into the wall, destroying his ribs.

While the demon coughed blood on the ground and tried to heal, Akai gripped its hair and pulled on it, holding up the demon and exposing his neck. Akai brought the knife to its neck and began slowly cutting away at it. Instead of a clean cut, Akai slowly moved the blade back and forth across its neck, as if he was cutting a log with a saw. The demon realized what Akai was doing and began screaming and crying, pleading to be spared.

"Don't do this! You're one of us!!!" The demon cried.

"SHUT UP!!!" Akai tore his blade violently, severing the head. Akai's arms were covered in blood. "I am not one of you. You bastard..." Akai muttered without remorse and bit into his arm. He lapped up his own blood and healed his wounds. The demon's body turned into dust and disappeared.

"A-Akai?" Akai heard a tiny voice ask.

"Kid? You're still here?" Akai turned to see the boy he saved.

"Are you a monster?" The kid asked.

"I'm a good monster." Akai answered. "Look, I have to go away and hunt the bad monsters, take these and give these to the village." Akai said and pulled out three Nichiren knives he made from the spare table legs. "These can kill the bad monsters." Akai handed them to the child.

"Where are you going to go?" The kid asked.

"Wherever the baddest monsters are." Akai looked into the distance with a scowl. "Bye kid, you were cool. Do your chores!" Akai said and began jogging off into the night.

"Bye Akai!" The boy waved goodbye and ran farther into the village to tell the other people.

"I can kill demons." Akai was ecstatic he was strong enough. "I can kill all the demons..."

"I will kill them all." Akai promised himself