Part 86: Tantrum

Ume sat alone on her bed, reading a book that the kitty cat had supplied her with. It had been ten minutes since the sun went down. She was never one to read, but any alternative was preferable to this boredom. Ume groaned and set the book aside.

"Lefty..." Ume said to the empty room. She flinched when she heard an object collide with the ground outside of her room, which may as well have been a prison cell. Lefty came in, wiping a drop of sweat off of his brow.  "What've you been doing this whole time?" Ume asked him. 

"Training." Lefty wiped some blood off of his knuckles. Ume chose not to dig deeper into that.

"So, what the hell is this place?"

"That's sensitive information." Lefty gave her a brisk answer. 

"Why can't you tell me!" Ume barked.

"I told you I'd answer any questions I could, I can't answer your current questions because I can't." 

"Well, if you're not gonna answer any of my questions, then could you at least make this living situation any better?" 

"How would I do that?" Lefty cocked an eyebrow.

"You could start by getting me better blankets, better sheets, better pillows, a decent book, some tempura, a makeup kit, and a glass of sake!" She listed all of her demands with her fingers. 

"Sake? Aren't you, like, twelve?" Lefty smirked as her face lit up with rage.

"I'm sixteen-and a half you asshole!!! And you said you'd fulfill any and all of my demands!!!" She yelled in her shrill voice. 

Lefty paused, before groaning and leaving the room. Ume waited not 10 seconds before he returned, carrying everything she had demanded.

"Blankets, sheets, pillows, books, tempura, a makeup kit, and I got you some milk tea." Lefty named each item demanded as he laid the items out on a table.

"I asked for sake." She said bitterly.

"That's a shame, you're too small to drink alcohol." Lefty smirked as he heard her infuriated grumbles. 

"You are such a piece of-" 

"So, now that I got every thing you needed, I have work to do." Lefty turned to leave.

"Wait!" She barked at him.

Creaaaak...

Lefty turned his head nearly 180 degrees. 

"You didn't make my bed." She said with her arms crossed.

Creaaaak...

Lefty leaned his forward impossibly far with a look of confusion.

"You don't know how to make a bed?" Lefty's face was a dramatic mix of confusion and disappointment.

"Wha- I- of course, I-" Ume stuttered as an embarrassed blush crept across her face.

"Oh my god, you don't know how to make your own bed!" Lefty broke into a fit of laughter as Ume's entire face turned red.

"OF COURSE I KNOW HOW TO MAKE A BED, YOU ASSHOLE!!!" She cried with tears dotting the corners of her eyes. 

"You don't know how to make your own bed!!!" Lefty laughed teasingly as the waterworks began.

"Shut up, you meanie!!!" Ume cried as tears flowed from her eyes. "I can! I can I can I can!!!" She flailed her arms as she threw a tantrum. "I just wanted you to do it!!! Waaaaah!!!" She closed her tear-filled eyes and wailed to the ceiling, nearly deafening Lefty as he moved to cover his ear.