Part 48: Tokito Muichiro Doesn't Give a Shit

It was the morning after. Lefty and Righty were exploring the woods of the swordsmith village with Tanjiro innhopes of finding clues on the 'secret weapon' Mitsuri mentioned.

"What do you think the weapon is, Righty?" Tanjiro turned to Righty and asked.

"It'll most likely be a sword. I don't really use swords that much-"

"So when we find it we'll just give it to you!" Lefty, who was peaking into an open section under a tree, cut off Righty.

"Really? That's so nice of you!" Tanjiro  smiled.

"If it's something cool like a knife or an axe, though, I'm taking it for sure." Lefty added.

"Hold on, I see some people." Righty said. Lefty and Tanjiro turned in the direction Righty was looking.

There were two people, a little boy with a goblin mask, and none other than-

Tanjiro: Tokito Muichiro, the Mist Pillar!

Lefty and Righty: Mist boi...

"Leave me alone! I'm not handing the key over to anyone! And i'm definitely not teaching you how to use it!" The boy shouted at the Mist Pillar.

Muichiro only slowly raised his hand, before swinging it down at lighting fast speed and grabbing the boy's shirt. He gripped it with inhuman strength and lifted the small boy up by his shirt.

"HEEEY!!! WHAT ARE YOU DOING!?!?!" Tanjiro saw this and flew into action, running at Muichiro as fast as he could. Righty went to run in as well, but Lefty grabbed him before he could.

"Why are you holding me back!?" Righty yelled.

"Cause Tanjiro's got this, and you'll probably just try to fight Muichiro." Lefty said.

"LET GO OF HIM!!!" Tanjiro grabbed Muichiro's arm and gripped it tighty.

"Your voice is annoying. Who are you...?" Muichiro said, not caring about Tanjiro's anger or the grip on his arm.

"What do you think you're doing!? Let go of him!" Tanjiro ordered Tokito. He gasped when he saw Muichiro didn't even flinch at his grip.

"You let go." Muichiro elbowed Tanjiro in the stomach, making him fall to the ground in a coughing fit.

"You gotta let me in there now!" Righty argued.

"Nope." Lefty said, unfased.

"Hm... There's something strange in that box. Almost like a demon..." Muichiro muttered and reached for the box on Tanjiro's back.

Tanjiro swung his arm upward and swatted Muichiro's hand away.

"Hands off..." Tanjiro growled.

While Muichiro was staring at his bruised hand, Tanjiro took the boy from Muichiro and pulled him away from the Mist Pillar. Muichiro was only left with a piece of clothing from the boy's coat.

Muichiro looked at a piece of clothing in his left hand, and then at the giant bruise in his right hand. Even with this, his expression didn't change, it remained blank.

"Are you okay?" Tanjiro asked and went to look at the boy's neck.

"G-Get off!" The boy swatted away Tanjiro's hand and backed away from him.

"You don't look too good..." Tanjiro walked back towards the boy.

"Go away!" The boy did the same again and backed away from Tanjiro. "I'm not giving this key to anyone... That includes you. Not even torture will make me hand it over! If 'it' is reactivated, it will get damaged even more than it already has!" The boy said. What he meant by 'it' was unknown.