Part 7: Friends or Enemies?

Akai stood alone with his sword on the ground. Sanemi was lying near him. Akai noticed a flare of rage in the wind pillar's aura. So he grabbed his ugly sword and lept back. He was now around 20 feet from Sanemi. The other pillars had stopped staring and began running forward to back up their comrade.

"Look a what you did. They're gonna kill you now." Akai said internally. He had walked straight into a powerful force's headquarters, started trouble and kicked a dude in the balls.

Akai grabbed his sword with two hands and snapped it in two with his knee. He then ground his fang against both halves, turning them into Nichiren knives. He didn't want to fight. but he'd probably die if he didn't try to escape.

"You can't kill me with your swords. I'll just grow back. Ask Gyoumei." Akai said and got into a defensive pose. The Hashiras all turned to Gyoumei. He nodded and the slayers all froze.

"Grind him into a paste and burn him in a fire!!!" Sanemi shouted and got ready to attack again.

"Fuck!" Akai thought in panic.

"WAIT!!!!!!!!!!" A familiar face ran forward with Kakushi right behind her. They tackled her to the ground right before she could reach Akai.

"DONT KILL HIM!!!! HE SAVED ME! AT THE FINAL SELECTION!!!" The girl screamed.

That girl would be none other than Aoi. The girl from two years ago.

"Wait, If she vouches for me I might survive!" Akai thought of the solution. "Oh wait. If it doesn't work. I die. and she dies for sympathizing with a demon!" Akai suddenly panicked.

"No, please kill me! I didn't help her, I tried to eat her!" Akai lied. "She's obviously lying, if she were to side with me she'd BE EXECUTED after all!" Akai shouted the 'be executed part', directing it to Aoi.

"No, He's lying!. He saved me and three other slayers by guarding us during the night!" Aoi continued to defend Akai. Akai suddenly remembered three other dudes hunkering down with him during the night.

"Stop!" Akai hissed through his teeth.

"He's a good demon! He refuses to eat humans and has conquered the sun!" Aoi yelled. Shinobu lowered her sword slightly, unsure of what to do.

"No no no! Kill me! Just don't do anything to her!" Akai grew desperate, not wanting the idiot that would defend a demon to be executed.

All the pillars were dumbfounded beyond dumbfounded, not knowing whether to attack or withdraw.

"Stop." Ubuyashiki's voice rang out from behind everyone. The pillars whipped around and sheathed their blades. " I will talk to the red comet on my own." Ubuyashiki declared.

"You can't trust him! he can just kill you!" Sanemi yelled in protest.

"You're grounded." Ubuyashiki said. Sanemi lowered his head in shame and walked away to his home.

*later*

Akai sat alone with Ubuyashiki in the main building. They were stuck in that awkward silence again. "Will... Will Aoi be alright?" Akai asked anxiously.

"I can assure you, she'll be fine." Ubuyashiki nodded with a calm smile.

"Good. Good." Akai closed his eyes and sighed. He felt a lot more relieved knowing she'd be alright.

"What is your story?" Ubuyashiki asked.

"I met Muzan when he was injured, he scratched my cheek and infected me. but it was such a small amount of blood he never got control of me. I'm still me. Anyways, I learned he had killed my father earlier in the day. So I mourned for the whole night. but I started to transform over the night. soon, I had become this. I fought my first demon and killed him. I then went straight to Muzan, where he'd murdered an entire large village. I confronted him and he easily defeated me and bound me to the mountain for 1000 years. The people blamed me and built the wisteria forest around me. Then your family built the final selection around the forest holding me. My thousand-year imprisonment ended today. I saved a merchant and got these clothes. I then met upper moon 3. He ran off and I was spotted by Gyoumei. The rest is what happened here." Akai explained his story up until the very end.