20

************************

Can we just talk?

Figure out where we're goin'?

************************

HARRY

"Good morning sunshine! How are you?" Luna's voice cuts through the apartment and my hangover doesn't react nicely to it. I grab my gun from the side of the bed and point it at her.

"Stop fucking yelling." I grit.

"Put the gun down or I'll cut both your arms off. I assume you did what I asked?" She says, sitting at the foot of the bed.

I keep my covers over me because I was still in Ben's oversized shirt, and I didn't want Luna making any connections. It smelled like her though.... It smelled like fresh Jasmine and sandalwood. Her shampoo also smelled like jasmine and I had used it last night.

Everything had been reminding me of her, especially the fact that I may or may not have exposed myself last night. The answers I gave were vague but not specific enough for her to connect the dots. Drunk me was a weak motherfucker and I blamed Luna for playing a role in getting me drunk.

"Zev and Jed have been taken care of, no thanks to you. Why didn't you tell me I'd get roped into drinking with them?" I say, thinking back to last night.

Zev and Jed were best mates and known for their ability to withstand copious amounts of liquor. I was dragged into a drinking game last night and took far too many shots. The kill was messy because I was absolutely sloshed. They'd watch me closely to ensure I drank every shot and drink served... there was no getting past them.

"Because you wouldn't have done it. How was drunk Harry? Did you get someone to put you in your place? Your face is bruised." She teases.

"They're dead, alright? If I were you I'd call the contact with the police... it was not a pretty scene and I didn't clean up... it's the alley all the way on the southside."

"Will do." She says, and I close my eyes again. "Races will probably be cancelled for the next two weeks or so. I'm leaving the country today."

"Where are you going?" I ask.

"Not telling you." She replies. "I'll be gone for a little bit though, if the races start up again and I'm still gone, I'd make sure to win. I got a new guy to help out with you."

"New guy? What happened to Bloody Bruce?" I chuckle, burying my face in the pillow.

"I'm sure you and Oscar will get along. Bruce is out for the next few weeks while his stitches heal." She says through her teeth. That bitch loved Bruce, he was like her nanny. "Oscar will check in if I ask. Nice place, who else lives here?"

"Nobody. Just me." I say coolly.

"That's nice I guess." She shrugs. "Oh! One last thing before I go."

"What is it that you want?"

"I heard Rumer and Zayn left yesterday... which is fantastic news. It leaves the bitch weak."

"What bitch? Bentley Hale?" I ask, dreading what was to come.

"Yes, obviously." She scoffs. "We're going to have to take care of her eventually... She's one skip day of her prescription away from going off the rails. Allegra keeps her under control most of the time but she's insane."

"How would you know that?"

"She used to deal for me and blackmailed her way out of it. She's angry, and seeing as you're going to win she's going to lose her shit. She's too dominating and controlling not to. If she goes off the rails, she'll break her end of the deal."