73

*****************

Religion's in your lips

Even if its a false god

We still worship this love

*****************

BENTLEY

"Sinner," I hear a whisper followed by the feathery feeling of Harry's fingers grazing over my face. "Bentley." He calls again in a low whisper.

I grumble, turning over on my side and regretting it instantly as a sharp flash of pain runs through me.

Had I forgotten about my fucking stab wounds?

"Shit." I hiss, rolling back over and opening my eyes slowly to find Harry looking down at me, an amused smirk on his face, and his green irises were swallowed by his pupils. "Shit- Harry!" I whisper, moving my arms around his neck and pulling him over me, connecting our lips instantly.

I ignore the sting of my healing lip and let myself be consumed by the feeling of him. It was like we were in our own world but he had always made it about me, even when he didn't mean to. He always made it feel like we were in my world, but he had to know it was his.

Everything is his.

He tastes like chamomile and honey, and I hum in satisfaction as his tongue brushes my own, delving into my mouth and groaning lightly.

He pulls back, cupping my face with his hands and taking everything in.

"Good morning" He breathes out, making me smile a bit too hard and wince, shutting my eyes tightly. "Just look at me for a minute. I missed those eyes."

His hand travels down to grab my own, bringing it up to the side of my head and running his thumb over my knuckles.

"Why didn't you wake me up when you came in?" He asks, and I close my eyes to think about when I walked in earlier.

Harry was dead asleep on the ground, the dog curled into his center and his arm handcuffed to the leg of the dining table which was bolted into the ground. I was still lightheaded, but seeing him made my eyes widen. He looked tired, and his usual unfurrowed brow when he slept was wound tightly, wrinkling his forehead.

Michi moved quickly, throwing a blanket over Harry and the dog, ignoring my request to wake him up.

"You're the priority. He's just going to add stress. Plus, Liam knocked him out."

He had been hostile because he was upset that Michi wouldn't let him come and get me. As much of a control freak as I was, Harry had a talent for being a lowkey control freak. He liked being in charge, and it was easy to see.

Michi forced me into the shower to clean out my wounds, unloading my suitcase to find me some shorts to wear so Liam could stitch me up comfortably.

I spent a good 15 minutes brushing my teeth, trying to get the taste and smell of cigarettes away from my breath. Luckily Michi had nicotine patches that one of her old hookups left, so I was back to those to ease me off.

She gave me some tea and then put me in bed, Liam administering a tetanus shot in my sleep.

"Wanted us to get some rest." I tell Harry, smiling gently at him and looking at his head. His temple was a light pink, but thankfully it didn't look like Liam had hit him hard enough to bruise. He probably just got a pressure point and took him out temporarily. "Michi said Liam knocked you out. I saw the handcuffs, are your wrists okay?"