46

*******************

How can I refuse?

Yeah you rid me of the blues

Ever since you came into my life

*******************

HARRY

I'm so fucked.

I promise I'll give you your wings back one day.

Fucked out of my mind.

Those words she said sleepily before falling asleep meant so much to me. I had always felt like a burden... I had always felt like dead weight and last night I felt like I was floating.

Bentley spoke in cryptic lines sometimes. She was poetic.... Always poetic. Even when she didn't speak. Even when she was just sitting down, or painting her nails, even now, lying over me, in the deepest sleep I had ever had the pleasure of feeling her in.

Bentley fell asleep on top of me last night, and although the air conditioner cooled the room down significantly, the heat from the outside made its way in easily.

It was sticky and uncomfortable and if anyone else was on top of me I probably would have shot them but all I found myself doing was running my fingers through her hair, stopping and untangling each knot as she slept soundly.

I barely slept last night. I knew she was iffy about everything somewhere in her mind and the fact that I was awake would help her sleep better, and it did. At least that's what I've been telling myself to ignore the fact that I was really just lying here with her because she smells like heaven and her body against mine is nirvana.

Consuming. That's another way to describe her. Every thought of the day was littered with things that invoked her. Whenever I felt the sun I felt her, and whenever I saw the moon, I knew she was there.

Maybe it was the nicotine that coated her tongue whenever we kissed, but I swear I'm addicted to her.

A second away from her felt like a light year and I didn't want to feel trapped between space and time ever again.

I wanted last night, submissive and all... I want flights and more interrogations. I want races. I want soft touches and stares. I want her tears and her smiles, I want it all. I want her midnights, and her mornings.

I want her.

More than I've ever wanted anything in my life.

It's terrifying. She's terrifying. Hauntingly so, like a ghost that trails behind you, silent in the deadliest way, but you know it's there. If it wasn't there you'd be worried.

Bentley's hands ran over my skin softly, specifically over her own mark above my ferns.

I had a new scar tatted on me by the original sinner herself and was fucked like a rockstar last night. My wrists were raw but that's helpful in terms of the previous scars that were there. It's easier to defend now.

I don't have to explain now.

She'd kill me for keeping that from her.

There's a knock on the door, and I look at the clock on the nightstand to see that it's already 12:43 in the afternoon. I shuffle out from under her, moving carefully and throwing on my boxers which were on the floor, covering her with a blanket before heading towards the door.