71

AN: THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR 1 MILLION READS I'LL CRY RN THINKING ABOUT IT I LOVE YOU SO SO SO SO SO MUCH OKAY ENJOY

******************

I was sent to warn you

The devil's in the next room

******************

HARRY

One shot.

The echo of it seemed almost impossible. We might've been in an open desert, but it felt like I was glued to the ground of a room with rounded walls. All I can process is the fierce sound of the gunshot reverberating violently in my head.

I could feel it running through me all at once. Panic.

I didn't shoot.

Victor didn't shoot.

Bentley didn't shoot.

My vision felt hazy. My bones ached. My stomach dropped and it felt like my teeth were on the brink of shattering from how tightly I've had my jaw clenched.

I look down to see if I was the one that had been shot, but I wasn't. My instinct sent my eyes straight to Bentley, who was in the car, untouched. I let my sight trail over to the left and that's when I noticed Victor had taken my state of shock to his advantage and was opening the driver's seat to the car.

I look back to find Dorian, Louis, and Apollo staring wildly to the left, where Zayn had a flailing Allegra in his grasp, and everyone's sight was trained on the gun on the floor.

There's no blood anywhere, nobody is crying out except Allegra- and her screams were in desperation. Zayn had her held tightly and Apollo moved in her direction to help stop her from hurting Zayn, but she kicks him in the stomach, making him double over onto his knees.

His gunshot wound had just healed.

"Let me go!" She screams, pulling away in the direction of the car, but to me her voice is muffled. "Shoot him! L-Let me go!" she pleads.

Desperation. She knows she can't do anything. She's powerless in this situation, even after firing a shot in Victor's direction. She can't help Bentley because Bentley doesn't want help, Bentley wants us safe.

Allie always was protective of Bentley. It's why she didn't like me when I rolled into family dinner one day after threatening her and Dorian. She had lost her cool when Bentley was taken in Dubai as well, but this time was different.

Bentley had definitely turned herself in. I could see it in her eyes. The way her hands were shaking as the can was brought out to her. It was Victor's scare tactic. The visual aid he needed to make me understand that Bentley was nothing but a pawn in his game.

We are all pawns.

It feels like I'm underwater. Like every scream I could possibly let out is escaping the confines of myself and being suffocated by every particle around me.

I can feel myself running after the car, gun shooting rooms at the back without aiming for any windows to avoid hurting Ben as Victor's men leave us behind and follow him.

Car engines. Wind. Screaming. My trigger finger is being reckless and shooting at everything I can to get her back.

Then there was that silence again. I couldn't feel the reverb anymore. I couldn't feel the gun in my hand, or the heat of the sun through my t-shirt. I couldn't feel the particles of sand hitting the skin of my wrists as the wind picked up momentarily.