54

********************

Here we go again

Here we go again

Here we go again

********************

HARRY

We'd spent the last few nights in Kyoto, visiting temples, watching cherry blossom trees give up their flowers into the backseat of the Figaro, and buying hair products for Apollo.

She had been quiet lately but she was good. She insisted on driving after our first day here and I caught her writing in her journal on several occasions where she woke up before me.

I was nervous she hadn't been sleeping and was worried if it was because she was next to me, but we had been sharing a bed for awhile so I didn't understand all the confusion I was experiencing.

She seemed more relaxed though... Those mornings I found her writing. I'd like to think that maybe it helped her, and as much as I wanted to know what it was she was jotting down, I always pretended to be asleep so she could keep going.

We were good now, though... she was dead asleep in my arms and the early morning chatter of Kyoto started to buzz outside the cracked window.

We had spent almost a month in Japan and I knew the second Ben realized she didn't need to wear that boot anymore we'd be heading right back to Oakland or wherever the wind took us.

I was ready to get back to work... I wasn't used to not having something to do. I was always on a hit, at a race, doing research... But now everything was different.

I had a feeling we'd have to hide away a lot more then we already had, especially if we killed Luna without taking down Russell and Victor at the same time.

I had been thinking about it a lot lately... how exactly we plan on taking down some of the most affluent and well-connected people in the world. Bentley wasn't trained like I was and we both had a lot more to lose. Rumer, Dorian, Zayn, Apollo, Allergy... Emmy. There was too much at stake and we couldn't afford to be reckless.

She might've been asleep now but I felt her get up earlier, she stirred in her sleep, got up, went to the bathroom, came back and laid there for a minute until I reached my arms out and held her close until her breath evened out.

There was something going on, but it clearly wasn't bad enough that she was detaching... I think she's just homesick. I had been a bit off but that's just because I had Louis on my mind... We went out for dinner and he came up and didn't like talking about the accident... I couldn't help but think about it and it distracted me from what was important right now.

"So you and Louis grew up together?" She asks, sipping on a small cup of coffee.

The waiter gave her a strange look when she asked for it but I glared at him just to get her the coffee. She had been good and was drinking water because there was no diet coke, but she hadn't complained about it as much since after we drove through the cherry blossom canopy.

"With Liam, yes." I reply.

The last thing I needed to talk about right now was Louis. I could picture the accident like if it was last night. I was driving and he was in the passenger seat. Liam was sitting behind me and we were in Wales for a race.