36

DOUBLE UPDATE TODAY!! THIS IS PART ONE, PART TWO SHOULD BE UP WITHIN THE NEXT 2/3 HOURS!!

no lyrics for this one, just me giving you a little frank ocean elevator music for this calm chapter

calm before the storm, that is. 

BENTLEY

"Holy shit he hit a home run!" Dorian's voice rings through the apartment.

I'm in the kitchen with Allegra, who's helping me fry the tonkatsu. It was quieter without Zayn and Rumer here in person, and Harry hadn't arrived yet. I didn't call or anything because he said he'd be here, and I didn't know if he was still with Oscar and Bruce or now.

"Let's fucking go!" Apollo yells, high fiving Dorian. Zayn and Rumer were on facetime and Niall was in the background too. They stayed up late to watch this game and honor the tradition of watching Sunday games together.

Rumer, Z, and Niall were already in Madrid, surveying the map of the race and prepping for the next race.

Allegra takes a sip of her beer, smacking her lips and breading another strip of the chicken cutlet as all the guys celebrate the fact that the A's were winning.

"So how was Italy?" She asks. We hadn't really discussed everything since my arrival and I know she's dying to know every detail..

Allegra also isn't aware about the fact that Harry and I were now officially together. It had to be lowkey, of course, just to prevent Luna from suspecting anything but He's my first boyfriend and Allegra doesn't really like him too much.

"Fucking perfect... I was really upset when I first saw him but when we got to Lake Como... it was amazing. We should go one day." I tell her, pulling some strips of chicken from the oil and placing them on the paper towel.

"You sound like a sap." She tells me, smiling. "So you and Harry are good?"

"We're uh, we're-"

"Spit it out Benny." She says, and I find some solace in the nickname that was reserved for my family. Benny was comforting and hearing her say it again made me feel more at home.

"We're together. Officially." I tell her, and she drops the chopsticks we were using to turn the fried chicken into the oil.

"YOU'RE WHAT?" She says loudly, causing Apollo and Dorian to turn their heads over.

"Allegra! Shut the fuck up." I grit. "Nothing to look at here unless you want to help me finish cooking." I tell the boys, and they laugh at me before making themselves comfortable on the couch.

Classic Apollo and Dorian.

"Bentley, what the fuck?"

"I know, I know... but he's good now, trust me. Nobody is going to hurt anyone."

"You're going to hurt yourself." She tells me as she tries to fish the chopstick from the sizzling oil.

"I always hurt myself, Allie. Don't act like he'll be the one to ruin me." I say seriously, and I watch as she bites her lip in thought.

"So is that why you have a bruise on your jaw?" She says, looking at my jaw. I had covered it up with makeup but she knew... she always knew. "Because you went and set out to hurt yourself?"

"I was doing it for him, I need him." I told her. "We all need him. We're going to take down Luna." I whisper.

"Is that what this is all about? What is Luna doing that's so-"