50

AUTHOR'S NOTE AT THE END!!!

*************************

You've got to believe me, baby

It ain't our time to die

*************************

HARRY

"Bentl-"

"I would shut my mouth if I were you." Luna says, twirling the bat between her deft fingers. "Rumer.... Nice to see you here, come crawling back to the family?"

"I'm not part of your pathetic family." Rumer says, gripping his gun in hand.

"Put the gun down, or Bentley here pulls the trigger." She says, and my eyes flick back to Bentley.

Her eyes are closed now, hiding her brown irises. I couldn't keep my eyes off of her, her neck was covered up and her hair was frizzy as she stood stoically.

Her hands were shaking and her arms were stretched up lightly as if she had hugged herself and dragged her fingernails down the delicate skin.

She probably hadn't eaten, or taken her medication... but why the shaking?

"Did you know your girlfriend has a nicotine addiction?" Luna asks. "So funny.... You should have seen the way she was scratching herself when I made Oscar light a cigarette in front of her."

Fuck. Ben hadn't chewed any of that rubbery gum and I know she's probably losing her mind over it. Well, I was losing my mind over something too, and Luna was about to be in for a rude awakening.

"Speaking of Jeeves, Jarvis, Mr. Belvedere, Niles, Anders, Geoffrey.... Give me another one Ru?" I tease.

"Bertram!" He says, playing along to my sadistic game.

"How could I forget Bertram?" I say. "Where is he?"

Luna's eyes look around, just realizing now that she had no backup. It was her against Rumer and I and she had Ben under her control right now.

"What the fuck did you do? Where are they?"

"Funny story actually.... I fucking killed them. Killed your babysitters. Who's going to do the dirty work for you now?" I say.

"It's in everyone's best interest to put that fucking gun down. You've really riled me up now, Styles."

"Aw, are you sad because your big babies are dead?" I say in a mocking tone, tilting my head and narrowing my eyes just like she does when she's torturing me. "I'm sure you'll find some solace in the fact that Brucie ratted you out. After I cut my boots off of his feet."

Luna didn't like this, and she was brash in her decision making.

She picks up the bat again, and before I could even move, she smashes it against Bentley's right ankle, making her cry out in pain and hit the ground, holding her leg and dropping the gun.

"Bentley!" I scream at the same time Rumer does but Luna cocks the gun she had, stopping me in my tracks.

I couldn't help if I was dead but Ben's painful panting was sending tidal waves through me.

"I said: Put. It. Down." she says through her teeth.

"Harry?" Rumer asks, considering putting the gun down.

"Fuck- You bitch!" Bentley grits, and Luna lifts the bat again, sending me a taunting look as if she would hit Ben with it again.

Her safety was my priority here.... And so was Rumer's. We had to be careful about how we handled this. I still hadn't pointed my gun at her so maybe she thought I was disarmed.