Chapter 104: Winter In Flames

Earlier in the day in country side, each one of the girls woke up and began to get ready to find another member of the nine who's said to live here. Once they were done they all headed out and made there way to a near by restaurant to get some breakfast. They decided to eat outside to enjoy the nice cool weather of the country. For Wendy and Irene the air smelled different in the country side. It was totally different from the air back in the city. For them it felt like the air quality was lighter making there lungs feel clean. To Mira and Brandish the air felt different, it had the same light, and fresh feeling the dragons felt but they also felt happier.

Mira: Something about the air here

Brandish: feels good doesn't it?

Wendy: I can eat this wind and never go hungry again

The other three began to laugh at Wendy's remark. When they finished eating they began there journey. They called a taxi to take them half way.

Taxi driver: this is as far as I go ladies. I'm sorry but I'm not allowed past these lands.

The girls look at the driver with a weird face. Mira hands the driver the money and they continue there journey on foot. They had wondered why the driver didn't take them all the way to there destination. Before coming, they heard stories about someone leaving on the edge of the small village who helps them with the harvest but stays away from everyone.

Brandish: how far does she live. It feels like we've been walking for hours.

Mira: Don't exaggerate Brandish, it's only been thirty minutes.

Brandish: ugh! I'm not use to this.

She says annoyingly. Just then they all stop and begin to listen. Suddenly a snapping sound is heard, everyone is frozen in place for a split second when they here Wendy let out a small yelp. They turn around so see someone covering there face holding Wendy with an arm around her neck.

Irene: Wendy!

Irene raises her hand ready to attack the mysterious individual. But the mystery person gently tugs on Wendy's throat making her struggle to free herself.

???: Don't even think about it. Even if you attack me the little one will be dead before your attack ever reaches me.

Mira and Brandish both walk back to Irene slowly to not make the individual doesn't do anything crazy.

???: Damn, there's more of you. I wasn't expecting this. Who are you and what are you doing here?

Mira: Please calm down, we mean you no harm. Just put the girl down please.

???: You mean no harm yet I see your friend over there is ready to attack and the other one one too.

She looks behind her seeing Irene and Brandish ready to move.

Mira: Irene, Brandish stand down.

The mystery person lifts it head up a bit as she hears the name Brandish.

???: Randi...? Is that you..?

Brandish looks at the individual wondering how she knows her name.

Brandish: how do you know that name?

???: Randi...

The individual drops Wendy and runs towards Brandish giving her a hug. Both Mira and Irene are left shocked at how fast she got to Brandish.
Brandish herself didn't know what happened as she just felt a pair of arms wrap around her.

Brandish: who the hell are you? Let go of me!

She says as she frees herself. The individual finally puts her hood down revealing her long blonde hair.