Chapter 81: A new mystery

The following morning I woke up to the sounds of water running. Curious as to what this was I look towards Lucy's bed to see if she's there but she's not.

Natsu: Luce?

I don't hear a response from her but I can hear her humming in the shower.

Natsu: so that's where she went.

I got a pair of clothes ready to hit the shower next, when I hear the water get turned off. When I turn around I spot Lucy wrapped in her bath towel.

Lucy: Natsu?!

Natsu: oh morning Lu-

Next thing I knew I was hit by a bottle in the face causing me to fall flat on the ground.

Natsu: what the hell was that for?!

Lucy: don't look you creep!

Again she tries to throw something but I catch it with my hand this time.

Natsu: Ha! That won't work on me twice!

Lucy: oh yeah? Lucy Kick!

Her leg came swinging from the side hitting me on the the head so hard a flew to the wall breaking it.

Lucy: Natsu?

I woke up a bit later to a huge bump on my head and Lucy watching over me.

Natsu: what happened?

Lucy: morning there sunshine you fell and hit your head, yeah that's right.

She says laughing nervously.

Natsu: yeah sure, Ms. Lucy Kick

Lucy: hey!

I quickly make my way to the bathroom to take a shower myself. Once I'm finished I get dressed and make it outside.

Natsu: where do you usually eat breakfast?

Lucy: at the guild I usually get all my meals there when I don't feel like cooking at home.

Natsu: sounds awesome why don't we head there now!

Lucy: you got it let's go!

Happy: Aye!

Lucy: your cat talks?

Happy: I have a name you know!

Lucy: oh...uhhh...sorry about that..

Natsu: come on you two let's go

As we make our way to the guild smoke can be seeing from a distance.

Happy: Natsu where is that smoke coming from?

Natsu: I have no clue, could probably be a wild fire or something. What do you think Luce?

Both happy and me look to our side and don't spot Lucy next to us so we turned around and saw her behind us frozen in place with a shocked look in her eye.

Happy: Luce? Is everything okay? Does your tummy hurt?

Natsu: are you okay?

Lucy: No....it can't be...

Natsu: what's the matter?

Lucy: that fire...it's in the direction of the guild!

Natsu: what?!

Lucy takes off running towards the guild leaving happy and me behind. Happy and I try to keep up with her but she had a head start on us so it was hard trying to catch up to her.