Chapter 113: Moving Forward

As the battle continued, the factions had the upper hand when it came to numbers. But when it came to power it self Natsu's side had plenty of it. With Wendy and Mira trying to take out Asia, they're met with force by Kiba and Koneko who are defending there friend. As for DiMaria and Brandish they're having no trouble at all taking on Issei and Saru. The teamwork between both Etherious demons has proved too much for the two devils to handle but with the strongest valkyrie Brynhildir helping them DiMaria and Brandish can't land a killing blow on them. As for E.N.D, Griselda who has begun to doubt her self about being on Sir Micheals side and her beliefs has greatly taken a toll on her. What made things worse was how easily Odín would have gotten rid of her for hesitating or even thinking about joining with the demon. Thankfully E.N.D managed to save Griselda and eliminate Odín in a single shot. This has left her shocked that someone who was feared as the most powerful demon and had his name dragged through the mud for years as someone of pure evil would save someone who accused him of brainwashing her daughter.

Irene: how are you holding up there?

Irene said as she would use her staff to dodge magic blasts coming her way. Griselda who was in a magic barrier with E.N.D who was resting, looked back at him.

Griselda: I'm fine...I just...

She's suddenly snapped out of it seeing an attack hit her barrier.

Irene: oops my apologies on that one, but hey don't think about it too much. I know you have your doubts but believe me I was just like you not too long ago.

Griselda: what do you mean?

Irene began to explain to her briefly what was going on as she would dodge and counter all the attacks coming her way.

Irene: Natsu and I didn't get along at the beginning. Hell I tried killing him when I first met him.

Griselda: you did?!

Irene: yeah wasn't a happy moment I must say, I was forced too if not my daughter would've been killed. But anyways Natsu managed to survive and when we finally met he forgave me, and it wasn't the first time either. I attempted to kill him a second time.

Griselda: seriously? What is wrong with you people?!

Irene couldn't help but laugh as she sent a magic attack back towards the other group.

Irene: but again he forgave me, he's a very kind man, I don't know why your master would lie to you and say he kidnapped and brainwash your Xenovia but Natsu isn't like that. In fact he's the total opposite he's kind, gentle, caring, strong.

Irene dodged one final attack before leaping away closer to the barrier and putting up a barrier of her own.

Irene: In fact...if we're speaking truthfully, he's suffered more than any of us here.

Griselda looks at Irene confused as to what she meant.

Irene: Loosing your parents at a young age, and having to become king while not even being able to master the one magic power you're known for was something else he's had to overcome. Taking care of his sister, while also moving from city to city to keep yourselves hidden from the factions. To having your secret be revealed by the enemy and seeing your friends turn on you. To sacrificing your self to save others...

Irene says as she stops speaking trying to hold back her tears.

Irene: he's had to overcome so many trials that any other person would have given up by now.

She chuckles and wipes the tears off her face, and begins to power up herself.

Irene: Knowing how hard headed Natsu can be I know for a damn fact he's not one to give up easily. Rather he's fighting strong opponents, or protecting those he holds dear. Natsu is amazing...because of that reason I am here today fighting by his side. Ignore the destruction caused here today ask your self this. If your friends and family where being threaten what would you have done Griselda?