Chapter 60: Tragedy After Tragedy 

The night felt short. I felt like I barely slept, I kept having this same dream over and over again of someone saying to find her..But I could never make out the image of this woman, or her voice. She didn't sound familiar to me at all, the dream happened over and over again it felt like a broken tape recorder. I woke up the next morning, remembering I had slept over Aika's place. I stood up and saw she was still peacefully asleep. When I looked at the clock there was an hour before school started.

Natsu: Aika, Aika

I try to wake her up by calling her name

Aika: Mmmm five more minutes

I shook her softly once more trying to wake her up.

Natsu: Aika, come on we got to go to school

She turned towards me opening her eyes slowly. She stood up grabbing her glasses and made her way to the bathroom to get ready.
She reminded me a bit of Tiamat who would do the same thing. After a few minutes she comes out wearing only a bath towel, she gets easily embarrassed by sweet things but doesn't get embarrassed coming out half naked? Yet again it is her house, and besides I'm use to this Akeno, Xenovia and Kuroka would do this all the time.

Aika: your turn, here use this

She says with a yawn, throwing me her towel that she was wearing. Luckily it landed on my head I'm pretty sure I missed out on a wonderful site to see. Once I was finished I got dressed before going outside. When I went outside I saw her ready fixing up her hair.

Aika: took you long enough woman

I roll my eyes at her insult and purposely mess up her hair.

Aika: Dammit! Natsu!

Natsu: Oops I'm sorry

After a few minutes we were both finally done and began to head out to school. Once we arrived there it felt like it was my first day at school all eyes where on us. I could listen in on the students chatter.

Female student: it's him..

Female student 2: so it is true he did come back.

Male student: dude I thought he got kicked out!

Male student 2: no dude, for some reason the headmaster didn't want to kick him out even though all the teachers said to.

Female student 3: what is he doing hanging out with Aika?

Female student 4: she's weird and he's weird they both belong together

I look back to Aika, seeing her looking forward oblivious to what everyone around her is saying. She looks happy though, not a care in the world.
We arrive to class and sit down in our seats Aika began to talk to her classmates up until the bell rang once the bell rang Ms.Babasaama came in and began her lecture. It was finally the afternoon when the bell rang letting us know it was finally lunch time. I thought Aika would had gone to eat with her friends but she stayed in the classroom with me.

Aika: ready to go eat?

Natsu: umm, sure

We made our way to the cafeteria and made the line to get our food. Another one of her friends came out of no where but this one took out the same manga Aika was reading last night and the two began to talk about it. I couldn't help but smile at how adorable she looked talking about it. Her friend made eye contact with me as I heard her whisper "is he your boyfriend?"
Aika immediately blushed and denied it like crazy but her friend didn't believe her one bit.
Suddenly I picked up on a familiar scent, I looked around the entire cafeteria looking where this scent was coming from. At the corner of my eye I saw silky black hair