Chapter 91: A Daring Quest

Cana's Pov
The day of the festival was pretty fun. Everyone got to witnessed some amazing fights between guild mates. We got to see who made advances in there magic power and who still needed more time to train. Plenty of food, a whole lot of alcohol and everyone just having a good ol time. The best part of the festival besides the barrels of alcohol was seeing Natsu and Lucy face off. In all my years of knowing Lucy she was super confident she could beat Natsu. Of course to all of us we knew who was the stronger one between them, but our little princess surprised us all. I think even Natsu was caught of guard when Lucy summoned Aquarius and helped Lucy cast a more powerful version of her Urano Metria. I'm glad I got to witness those two fight it was amazing!
The following morning I had made my way to the guild in the morning as I always do. I spot Mira and her siblings setting things up for when the others of the guild came. As usual Mira asks me what do I want for breakfast. I usually go for a drink, but I'll change things up today.

Cana: I'll take some coffee and the usual to eat.

Mira: Ara, that's a change even for you Cana. It will come right up!

She says as she walks back behind the bar and begins to brew some fresh coffee. After about ten minutes she comes back with my food and coffee. As I began to eat some of the guild members began to appear. As usual Erza is the first to arrive along with her mother Irene. It's crazy just how similar those two look. Behind them came Jellal and his crew, and as usual Erza and Jellal act all shy with each other. It's funny to watch really. Everyone knows they like each other it comes down to who will make the first move. Surprisingly Master Makarov came in early today which surprised everyone who was there. He got his breakfast and immediately went into his office. Soon after Gajeel and Levy came followed by Gray and Juvia. Once I said hi to all of them I decided to do a card reading for them to see what the future has in store for them.
Shuffling my cards I began to place them down one by one. With Gajeel and Levy the cards of family, wealth, and oddly enough music appeared. I wonder what type of funny business if that metal head doing to our little book worm. I reshuffle my cards and do Gray and Juvia next. For them in particular a card of a father and son appeared. This was strange as it's always the water woman card that appears first. I ignore it and continued to place the cards on the table. The one that followed was two blades this indicated that either Gray or Juvia will be involved in a battle. The last one was a person using there hands to cover the other from the rain. I'm assuming Juvia will have another one of her rainy days as she usually does so I ignore it. Erza was up next. I usually do her readings separate from Jellal as I've witnessed her unpredictability first hand when it comes to matters of the heart. First card up was two blades,again? Second was a village with the ocean behind it. The last card again was a person covering the other from the rain.

Cana: okay..? That's twice this card appears.

Looking around the room I saw Brandish and Mira talking at the bar. To make sure this isn't just a coincidence I decide to do there readings. For both of them I got a woman in a farm, the second card was a woman holding a staff with a clock ontop of it. The third and final card was something I wasn't expecting, a card I never knew I even had. The card had nine demons on it, with another one standing in the front making it ten.

Cana: what the hell?

I inspected the card closer looking at the tenth and final demon that was in front when I heard the doors of the guild open. Looking away from the card I saw Natsu, Lucy and Wendy walk in. They all say hi to everyone in the guild as Natsu makes his way to Mira and Brandish. Again I look at the card of the ten demons wondering what this meant.

Cana: Ten demons..Hmm.

I say as I place the card down on the table. I then hear my name being called by Lucy as she makes her way towards me.