Chapter 106: Encounters

???: Natsu? Natsu?

Natsu: I...I hear you..but I'm still tired..

???: Sweetie wake up, I need to know if you're okay? Natsu..

I feel a warm touch on my forehead. This warm feeling makes me want to wake up but at the same time I can't. This unknown silhouette of a person leans in and the next thing I heard I was able to hear a heartbeat.

???: Thank goodness you're waking up.

I being to open my eyes slowly seeing a women in front of me. She had long blue hair like Wendy. Oh...that's right..

Natsu: Wendy!

Grandine: hey hey easy Natsu

I look around seeing my mother near me holding me from my shoulders.

Natsu: mom? Why...why I'm I here again?

Grandine: What do you mean? You don't remember?

Natsu: remember what? I mean I know I was in a fierce battle against someone strong but after that my mind goes blank.

Grandine: son, you let E.N.D take over remember.

I lower my head hearing that name. I can hear slight explosions inside my head and I can feel anger but I don't know why.

Grandine: hey..

I look up at my mother who's looking directly at me.

Grandine: You don't regret your decision do you?

Natsu: I...I don't. If I let him takeover it must have been for a good reason.

Grandine: what about your friends, your clan?

Natsu: Doesn't matter. They're probably doing okay without me.

I stand up from my bed and go take a look outside, seeing the beautiful grassy fields and the peddles of cherry blossoms floating in the air.

Natsu: this place is amazing...

Grandine's Pov
I watch as my son goes to the window opening it. He looks at the outside with a huge smile on his face, feeling the gentle wind graze him. From where I'm standing I can see the peddles of Sakura's gently falling.

Natsu: this place is amazing. Mom?

Grandine: what is it?

Natsu: I think I'll stay here with you guys forever.

I'm happy Natsu wants to stay with us but, it isn't his time. Later in the day Natsu went out to do some training by himself. Now that I have this time I must talk to Igneel.

Grandine: Igneel..

Igneel: What is it?

Grandine: It's about Natsu..

He sits up looking straight ahead at Natsu shadow boxing.

Igneel: you told me he let the other half take over, right?

Grandine: Yes.

Igneel: If that's how he feels, who are we to tell him not to.

Grandine: Igneel?! You know what that demon could do! He could destroy the earth! He could even wipe out all of humanity if gone unchecked!

Igneel just crosses his arms continuing to look at Natsu.

Igneel: For 400 years Natsu has contained his inner hate, his anger. I don't think is right for us to tell him to suppress it any longer. The kid cracked, it was bound to happen.