Chapter 52: The Press Conference

Mira: Natsu! Natsu! Wait up!

I slow down and turn back to see Mira and Lady Venelana jogging towards me.

Natsu: yeah?

Mira: What was that all about?

Venelana: Are you and Lady Tiamat okay?

Natsu: yeah, everything's fine. She just takes things a bit too far sometimes.

Mira: did you have to hit her?

Natsu: I...it was an instant reaction. I didn't know how else to make her stop.

Mira: you could've just warned her to shut up or something not hit her.

Natsu: I know I know, it's my fault I should've reacted differently

Venelana: we heard what she said and the two of you are in the wrong. Tiamat for saying things without thinking and for hitting her.

Natsu: are you scolding me too?

Venelana: No just giving you some advice. You two are young there's bound to be plenty of arguing. Not just with her, but just look with my daughter. Natsu not everyone is going to be happy, some of the girls are going to feel unwanted or left out they might act up because of it.

I sit down on a bench overlooking a garden. Venelana and Mira join me, with each one of them on each side.

Mira: she's right Natsu, I might have only met the girls for a few days but I can tell they all love you. What ever Tannin told you about Tiamat's condition I hope it will cure her.

Natsu: yeah...about that. It just so happens that Tiamat is in need of a mate, that's what is causing all of this.

The two girls brake out in laughter.

Venelana: is that all?

Mira: I thought it was something worse!

Natsu: I thought so too but Tannin explained that it was just that she's in heat.

Venelana: well...are you going to help her?

Natsu: last time she kissed me she tried freezing me and the other time she doesn't even remember. Now imagine me telling Tiamat she's in heat she'll most definitely deny it and try to kill me.

Mira: Come on Natsu use your brain dummy. Take her out on a nice date. Go to the movies or to dinner smooth her into it. Don't just blabber it out, it would just cause you guys to fight even more.

Natsu: since did you become so good at this?

Mira: come on silly, don't act like you don't remember what we did back then?

She playfully cuffs my face, causing me to slightly blush.

Natsu: come on don't start you'll give Lady Venelana the wrong idea.

Grayfia: there you guys are!

We all look to our left to see Grayfia with Tiamat walking towards us.

Venelana: welcome back ladies

Mira: Natsu don't you have something to say to Tiamat?

Natsu: what? Here? Now?

Grayfia: oh that reminds me Tiamat remember that thing we talked about?

Tiamat: seriously? You too?

Mira: come on go go!

Grayfia: go!

Mira begins to softly push me towards Tiamat as Grayfia does the same to Tiamat. We both stand in front of each other. She slightly looks up at me as her shiny blue eyes look directly into my soul.