Chapter 28: Lightning Empress and Fire Dragon

After we left the shrine Akeno and I ended up going to the movies. During the movie I couldn't help but be glad that Akeno was straight forward with me and told me about her past. Although I still didn't ask her how she became a devil. I guess I'll have to ask her during dinner.
The movie finishes rather quickly as I wasn't really paying much attention to it, I was lost in my thoughts. So after the movies we decided to go get dinner. The move ended up being super long so by the time we left the sun was beginning to set.

Natsu: lets go eat dinner

Akeno: sounds good to me. What do you have in mind?

Natsu: this new barbecue place opened up recently want to go check it out?

Akeno nods her head as she wraps her arms around mine cuddling up next to me. We arrive at the restaurant checking the the inside of the place out. It looked pretty comfy to be there. The waitress showed us to our seats and took our order. In a short time two waitresses came with our drinks and food. It was done quickly because this was a bbq place and we had a mini grill right in front of us so we decided how well done we wanted our food. Akeno took the initiative to place pieces of meat on the grill for the both us. Once they were done she would place them on my plate and we began to eat.

Akeno: this place is amazing! The food here is so good! We should come here more often

Natsu: I have to agree with you on that.

We chuckle, continuing to eat. But curiosity took over so I decided to ask her how she became a devil.

Natsu: Akeno can I ask you something?

Akeno: Mhmm what is it?

I place my fork down gently on the plate.

Natsu: How did you become a devil?

Akeno looks up at me wiping her mouth with a napkin. She breathes in and breathes out slowly.

Akeno: I'll have to start from the beginning I guess. My mother was a shrine maiden who for generations her mother and her mothers, mother would look after the shrine. My mother was always willing to lend a helping hand no matter who you were.

"Just like you huh?" I say to my self.

Akeno: then one day she heard a commotion outside her home. When she went to go look she saw a fallen angel. Injured and on the brink of death my mother brought the fallen angel into her home and nurtured him back to full health. After spending time together my mother and the fallen angel eventually fell in love and nine months later they had me. I always loved my mother and father very much and I admired my fathers wings. They where always so beautiful to me. But then one day my father was called back to the underworld for an emergency. Mother would always tell me that father will be back soon. But days turned to weeks, weeks turned into months, months turned to years. It wasn't til I was around four that I finally got to see my dad again. But it wasn't the happiest moment of my life..

She looks down at her food and starts to play with it.

Akeno: the villagers got word that my mom had harvested a fallen angel and came to our house to see if it was true. My mom begged and begged that it wasn't true but they didn't believe her. They called her a witch and killed her even then my mom protected me. When they where done with her they turned to look at me calling a demon child, an abomination. That's when dad finally showed up and killed all those villagers but it was too late my mom had already died. Since then I never forgave my father for what happened. I hated him, and hated my wings.

I grab a hold of her hand as I notice tears begin to fall from her eyes.

Akeno: After a year of roaming the streets and sleeping on cardboard boxes I met Rias and Sirzechs. Little Rias was so adorable and Sirzechs was younger as well. Rias and I became friends. She knew who I was and never judged me for it she accepted me. When she was old enough to have her own peerage she made me her queen. And here we are now your half devil, half fallen angel