Chapter 72 | same sun, varying views

--------------------> THERE WEREN'T MANY THINGS THAT PERTURBED LUCIUS, at least that was what he liked to believe

--------------------> THERE WEREN'T MANY THINGS THAT PERTURBED LUCIUS, at least that was what he liked to believe. Debating (borderline arguing) with Catalina, one of Master Garcia's apprentices, certainly did. Catalina was nearing seventy. However, age hadn't stopped her ambitions or passions to obtain a Mastery in History, something that Lucius admired her for.

Lucius had been in the company of an abundance of elderly people with a plethora of personalities; although, it was safe to say that he had never met someone like Catalina with her purple coloured, dread-locked hair, shining dark eyes and spit-fire personality. She reminded him much of Lady Black; minus the elegance, superiority complex, ruthlessness and utter unhesitation to completely ruin a person's life to achieve a small victory.

Catalina's knowledge in history rivalled his own, maybe even reached the level of Orion Black. She also possessed the uncanny ability to aggravate him with the simplest of words, such as claiming that she was better at history than he (which, might be true but Lucius had too big of an ego to accept it) and so, the two of them had frequent fights with respect to how a particular event took place or regarding the importance of a luminary; due to the two of them always quoting different sources of having varying perspectives.

After another tiring day of learning new things about the subject he adored, Lucius came home only to be perplexed due to Lyra's absence considering she usually raced him. A quick tempus informed him that she was due to arrive at their shared Manor more than an hour ago, making him worried. So, Lucius put on his coat once again and apparated to Lyra's workplace, intent on finding out whether she had left yet or was going to be working late; in which case, he would volunteer to bring her dinner and if she allowed it, stay with her.

He strolled into Argentina's Hospital Italiano de Buenos Aires, where Lyra had chosen to learn trauma-related magical healing. Some might have supposed that it was bold of Lyra to go dive straight into such a complex field of healing whereupon during a person's life was literally in her hands, but honestly, Lucius wasn't much surprised. This was Lyra Black in question, after all, and he had always known her to be in extremes- do everything or nothing at all.

It helped that she had the qualifications, though, obtaining some of the highest marks and a report card filled with O's for her N.E.W.Ts and having volunteered with Madam Pomfrey as her supervisor in the hospital wing vigorously while simultaneously doing plenty of self-study to learn basic healing and how to apply it.

Having bags of money helped to jump-start her into this critical field of healing as well but Lyra really did work hard. In nearly the three months they had been here, only one of her patients had unfortunately died and that was after he had achieved stability, after he had been unable to produce his own magic and even then, every healer in the hospital had consoled a distraught Lyra that the patient would have passed away had anyone of them operated as well. The injuries obtained had been too critical and the most that they could have done was give him a few extra hours to breathe, which Lyra had done.