Chapter 56

-----------------------> LIKE HER FATHER HAD TOLD HER INITIALLY, there were too many things to do in Iceland with too little time and so, the two days they had spent in Iceland was a bit of a whirlwind where they had to keep jumping from one histo...

-----------------------> LIKE HER FATHER HAD TOLD HER INITIALLY, there were too many things to do in Iceland with too little time and so, the two days they had spent in Iceland was a bit of a whirlwind where they had to keep jumping from one historic spot to the next tourist attraction and as her father had predicted, they had to sacrifice meals and sleep in order to see them all.

So the second their foots graced British soil, Sirius and Regulus immediately headed to the kitchen and stayed there for hours at a stretch while Lyra and Walburga answered the Siren's call that was let out by their respective beds and fell asleep, not caring that they were missing dinner and not waking up until well after sunrise the next morning. Meanwhile, Orion sat on his armchair in his study, satisfied as he ticked yet another location of places that he wished to show his children.

When Lyra finally woke up, she had roughly two hours to get ready before she had to reach the duelling arena for Round Three in the duelling tournament.

Since originally there were only sixty duellers in the tournament, Round One saw the elimination of thirty of them. Again, in Round Two, the numbers got divided in two, leaving fifteen people.

The way Round Three worked was, in a word, complicated.

For starters, Round Three had been divided into three parts once again- gamma, beta and alpha.

In Part Gamma, one of the fifteen persons would be given an exemption to fight, solely based on how well they had performed in the previous rounds, leaving fourteen contestants to duel each other so that in Part Beta, there would be an even number of contestants to duel- the seven who won in Part Gamma along with the one exempted contestant.

Part Beta was a team event. The eight people would be split into teams of two and would have to fight the other three teams. If even one of the teammates was either disarmed, stunned or unable to duel, the entire team would be eliminated from the tournament. It was a survival of the fittest.

Part Alpha saw the last two standing duellers in an epic battle against each other, to be crowned the winner.

Energy was going to be an important factor for her to win this tournament and her mother seemed to think so as well, ordering their House Elf Kreacher to make the healthiest brunches for her to eat.

Kreacher also informed them that Sirius and Regulus had fallen asleep leaning against the kitchen walls, prompting Walburga's eyes to soften as she asked the house-elf to tell Orion to carry the boys to their respective beds. She would not dare ask a house-elf to carry her darling sons, after all.

Bellatrix floo'd in and waved them a hello, taking a seat across from Lyra to eat lunch. Her abrupt coming ins had been occurring so frequently ever since she got married that neither Lyra nor her mother had batted an eye at her sudden appearance.

Lyra had asked once before on why Bellatrix wasn't spending too much time with her husband especially considering the two were newlyweds, but her wild-haired cousin had just shaken her head and said that "It was complicated", in a tone that clearly indicated the end of that conversation.